RACE REPORT!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 02:24 AM
Default RACE REPORT!

Well first off it was good to see you out there Nobrakes, gravy train showed up later.

I entered the 250 open class wich means I was in there with 250 2-strokes, 250F's, and 450F's

OK to start with practice in the morning went horrible. I crashed 4 times in 3 laps it was slick and muddy and getting rutted fast. By the time the first Moto started the ruts where up to my knees in some spots and the braking bumps where like whoops. I left practice pissed off.

The first Moto was going good the KLX pulled fine out the gate and I came out of the first corner in sixth I hit the first doubles and then the table top still looking good I held off a KX 450F for two laps of the four but let him by when I stalled coming out of the rythem section into a corner(stupid). I then continued to hang on to 7th intel I fell in a corner and bent the shift lever perpondicular to the bike strait out agains the peg. After kicking the hell out of the lever I got back going losing three spots in the process. I finished the first moto not sure of which place I took. I ended up 11th out of 16 BAD SHOW!

Second moto went even worse getting to the first corner dead last and fighting my way up to 7th within two laps. I then proceded to pop out of a rut in a corner and eat it again. I get back up push as hard as I can and end up yep you guessed it 11th again out of sixteen.

I had a horrible day, you can't place if you keep on crashing. The KLX performed good if I hadn't made so many mental mistakes today I would have been top five. Oh and Iawaguy I strongly disagree with you on the skill thing. In motocross skill is 80% bike is 20%. Read the may 2006 edition of Dirt Rider Ryan Hughs beats the editer(Joe Colombera) who is riding a RM-Z450 works bike on a DRZ 125 and you know that the writers and editers get plenty of riding in. If I had more skill level today I would have placed instead of crashing. You can ride this soft suspension under powered bike to victory if you have the guts and the skill. So question is would have I done better today on a MX bike maybe if I could keep the bike off its side.

Again my camera women let me down so nothing very good, but this short clip. Later another guy is supose e-mail me more picturs so I will post them soon. Good thing Nobrakes was there to take good pictures and an Mpeg. Well I cant get the clip to work right now its only seven seconds so I will post it later.

Old 05-01-2006, 03:55 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: RACE REPORT!

ORIGINAL: sdunne

Well first off it was good to see you out there Nobrakes, gravy train showed up later.
Ditto. Sorry I missed you, GT. I was looking forward to meeting you too.

Oh, BTW, after the first heat Seth fired up the bike in the pits and let me hear the Muzzy without the quiet core. Wow - that thing has some bark. But what a great sound. One of these is definitely on my list, but I'll be needing the quiet core.

I posted photos in the other thread so I won't repeat them here ... well, maybe just one.

Here is a link to the video clip (not great quality, 6.6 MB):

Here are a few photos I managed to get of sdunne. Click the thumbnails for larger images:

Good job out there, Seth. There was definitely some pretty tough competition at this event, lots of riders and I saw license plates and bike trailers from all over the country, some from as far away as California.

Edit: images and clips no longer available, bummer

Old 05-01-2006, 04:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the report. I know you wanted to win Seth, but hell you're just getting back to racing. I'm proud of you. Keep it up!

Mike

Old 05-01-2006, 04:22 AM

way to go sdunne,good to see you runnin' with those race bikes and holding your own.

nice clip and pics there NoBrakes,thanks.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:38 AM

well, ya know what. you are entitled to your opinion. I just don't agree with it. If you have people with skills that are pretty equal. Then yes, the bike will give you that advantage that you seek.

But you know what, the fact that he went out and did it impresses me. The fact that he knew it was more his own fault that he didn't do well and didn't blame the bike impresses me also.

If you feel that you should only race if you have the best bike to have a chance at winning, so be it.

Personally, if I ever get the itch to start racing again. I have a perfectly capable bike to get started with sitting in my garage. And if I ever get better, then I can justify to myself getting a better bike.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:25 AM

No, it is not a MX bike. And yes, I would do some mods before I took it out. I would do some mods to an MX bike before I took it out too. So yes, I would probably do to my KLX what sdunne has done to his (suspension, pipe, carb mods and tires). And the main thing is that this bike, with these mods, is cheaper than buying a MX bike.

Also, if I were to go out there and after a couple races realize "WTF am I doing out here!" I am still left with a bike I can still ride to work, do errands around town, load onto a trailer and play ride with my friends on the weekends and basically just ride whenever I want to. If I find that I still have some skills and having fun doing it. Then yes, I would buy an MX bike.

But I am not gonna plunk down another 7000 bucks just to go try MX out again. That just doesn't make sense.

And, as for the "I rode it here, raced it, and rode it home" thing. I couldn't give a rats *** what anybody thinks. And I would only do it because I don't have a trailer or a truck.

And I can't get run over if I'm behind you! (unless you are one of those sick bastards that would turn around just to run me over)

Old 05-01-2006, 03:30 PM

Kudos to Sdunne for having the guts to race the bike. But I have to agree with Iowaguy. No matter how you put it, you are at a big disadvantage compared to the other bikes. Sure, you could make some ground with skill, but wouldn't you want to race on a more even playing field?

Old 05-01-2006, 05:07 PM

I know I would be at a big disadvantage. SO WHAT? As long as I get my butt out there, who cares what I ride? Or are you just afraid that all I am gonna do is whine because I don't have a MX bike.

Quick Reply: RACE REPORT!