Quiet Performance Pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 09:08 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Quiet Performance Pipe?

Give me a break, I'm trying to be nice to my neighbors...

I have an HMF slip on but even with the quiet core in I get looks. And, frankly, I'm having to wear earplugs too and I'd rather not...

Is there a good slip on that is pretty quiet?

Old 05-05-2008, 09:38 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Quiet Performance Pipe?

I think that some of the FMF's would be a little quieter. Your only other options is to put the stock pipe back on or run a klx300 muffler w/buttplug removed and head pipe.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Here is what I would do. One keep ur 250 or hmf headpipe. 2 take the quiet core out and in the save 50.00 forum U will see a guy that welded his insert with washers. I dont know the exact size, I would take the washers and weld them in there if u can weld, or have ur local welding shop or proffesional weld some in there. I have a procircuit pipe and i actually wanted to quiet it up so I welded in a washer right at the quiet tip. It was really simple and took about 15 minutes and was well worth it. And BTW loose the earplugs. Its unsafe practice to ride with earplugs in bc u cant hear ur surrondings.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I really don't want to wear ear plugs. I am running the stock header with the HMF slip on.

Where is this thread where the guy welded in washers?

ORIGINAL: djmerullo

Here is what I would do. One keep ur 250 or hmf headpipe. 2 take the quiet core out and in the save 50.00 forum U will see a guy that welded his insert with washers. I dont know the exact size, I would take the washers and weld them in there if u can weld, or have ur local welding shop or proffesional weld some in there. I have a procircuit pipe and i actually wanted to quiet it up so I welded in a washer right at the quiet tip. It was really simple and took about 15 minutes and was well worth it. And BTW loose the earplugs. Its unsafe practice to ride with earplugs in bc u cant hear ur surrondings.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Riding with earplugs is not an unsafe practice ,it is actually a good idea as even the wind noise will cause hearing loss. With earplugs in I can actually hear more of whats around me when I'm at speed because they take out the wind noise. At a stop its a different story.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:55 AM

ORIGINAL: hppyfngy

Where is this thread where the guy welded in washers?

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_291894/tm.htm

Old 05-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: djmerullo

the washers welded in are not on a stock pipe, that is a big gun pipe... there isnt much you can do to the stock muffler to get better performance and still be quiet, drill out the last baffle is about all you can do besides cutting a huge hole in the side of the muffler and rip out the internals and weld it all back together. then it would be loud.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Just keep it under what the law says. Here in AUS, well my state anyway, it's 93Db.
If it's lawful I can't see why anyone would have a problem?
It's not like you've got a mini crosser circuit in your back yard?
Is it?

Old 05-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea well over here in the states im sure there are db laws, but there are a ton of harleys with straight drag pipes on... i highly doubt you would get stopped for noise

Old 05-06-2008, 12:51 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't have any concern about getting a ticket, it's just frickin loud to me. And I actually do ride on some private land and these friends have horses.

I just don't want to annoy anyone...

Quick Reply: Quiet Performance Pipe?