Question on replacing my rear turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 01:16 AM
1st Gear Member

I decided to get incandescent turn-signals with the Kawasaki wiring harness. I like how close up to the bike they are and clearly away from the exhaust.

Attached Thumbnails Question on replacing my rear turn signals-photo1.jpg   Question on replacing my rear turn signals-photo2.jpg  
Old 05-12-2012, 01:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Brien, want to see pics when you are done.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Websurfing101
Brien, want to see pics when you are done.
Ha ha... THEY ARE DONE!

Old 05-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Default helpp

can some 1 tell me how to post a new topic its doing my head in thanks

Old 05-12-2012, 04:28 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zxr400project
can some 1 tell me how to post a new topic its doing my head in thanks
Name:  kzVQV.png
Views: 206
Size:  246.7 KB

Click there where I circled on the home page.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Just so you know, if you or any other reader decides to go LED, no need to wire in resistors or futz around with wiring mods, etc. Just replace the OE flasher with one from superbrightleds.com, model LF1-S-FLAT $8.99. It is a direct fit, plug and play. At least it is for the 06-07's, if yours is a 2 wire flat connector, if is very likely it is a standard flasher. Just need to zip tie it in there as it will not fit the OE pocket. Otherwise, same basic size, identical connector. This flasher does not care what type of bulbs you have, incand/ or LED, or combo of both. It works great! Had one on my last bike too.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:39 PM
1st Gear Member

I read that replacing the OE flasher unit on the KLX250 with an LED-specific one will cause the dash indicator to spaz out. Did that happen to yours? I wouldn't want to lose the functionality of my signal indicator on my dash.

Brieninsac - love the new look!!! The new sigs compliment the shape of the stock tail light. Looks nice!

Old 05-16-2012, 11:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rgoers
I read that replacing the OE flasher unit on the KLX250 with an LED-specific one will cause the dash indicator to spaz out. Did that happen to yours? I wouldn't want to lose the functionality of my signal indicator on my dash...
Hmmm, mine is an 07 with anolog guages. No issues. But I am guessing that the flasher I used should work fine with the newer ones as well, as it is not LED specific. It works with any bulb. Just is not dependent on that 42watt load to flash at the proper rate.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by drawjim
Hmmm, mine is an 07 with anolog guages. No issues. But I am guessing that the flasher I used should work fine with the newer ones as well, as it is not LED specific. It works with any bulb. Just is not dependent on that 42watt load to flash at the proper rate.
Sounds like a good idea if I switch them out, what does the flasher relay look like? Where would I find it..I have a 2006

Old 03-11-2013, 02:53 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rgoers
I read that replacing the OE flasher unit on the KLX250 with an LED-specific one will cause the dash indicator to spaz out. Did that happen to yours? I wouldn't want to lose the functionality of my signal indicator on my dash.

Brieninsac - love the new look!!! The new sigs compliment the shape of the stock tail light. Looks nice!
I replaced the flasher on my '12 without any issues. I have the stock rear indicators and LED front indicators and my dash indicator works fine.

Originally Posted by 10thmountainman
Sounds like a good idea if I switch them out, what does the flasher relay look like? Where would I find it..I have a 2006
Should be right next to the fuse block under your seat, I believe.

Last edited by Prefader; 03-11-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Question on replacing my rear turn signals