Q4 + megabomb = different machine

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 02:10 AM
1st Gear Member
Cool Q4 + megabomb = different machine

FMF Megabomb and Q4 muffler came in today. Installed it - no other mods - left airbox duct in place.. THE BIKE IS A DIFFERENT ANIMAL!!!!! It climbs to usable rpm fast enough now.. it screams at 7000 rpm, and there is real power at the rear wheel now.. it behaves like a real enduro.. I am impressed.. interpreting dyno numbers is misleading... it is PERFORMANCE that matters.. from throttle response, to acceleration to usable rpm to powerband... I am satisfied right now !!!!!

Old 04-24-2010, 06:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Same combo here buddy and I can't agree more!

Old 04-24-2010, 01:23 PM
1st Gear Member

sounds great, but you jetted it right. you didnt make a mention of that and is need for the mods you have done. plus is add a little more power.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:28 PM

I've been reading this forum for a few weeks getting info on what to do to my new 09 250s. Put on the same exhaust mentioned above, dynojet, some air filter mods and she's a different animal. I was terribly disappointed with the stock bike but knew the right mods would wake her up.

Not a harley guy but loud pipes saved me today. A deer ran onto the road in front of me as I was coming round a curve. Heard the bike, looked, and ran the other way. Ha ha!

I owuld say the Q4 isn't loud, just right though.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hawkster
I've been reading this forum for a few weeks getting info on what to do to my new 09 250s. Put on the same exhaust mentioned above, dynojet, some air filter mods and she's a different animal. I was terribly disappointed with the stock bike but knew the right mods would wake her up.

Not a harley guy but loud pipes saved me today. A deer ran onto the road in front of me as I was coming round a curve. Heard the bike, looked, and ran the other way. Ha ha!

I owuld say the Q4 isn't loud, just right though.
Nice, I live near a different kind of animal here in L.A. and I totally agree, loud pipes save lives!
Wait till that packing is due for a replacement, it gets really loud!

Old 04-25-2010, 04:26 PM
1st Gear Member

I just put on an FMF Q4 muffler and Powerbomb header, (also a KLX300 jet kit and TwinAir air filter with airbox lid removed) and man this thing got more beans in it than I realized. I've been riding it with the stock exhaust and intake for over 2 years now, and was used to it being a pretty tame bike, but it will get up and run now. So nice! I should have done it sooner, but oh well.

Here's a video clip I did so anyone else thinking about this mod will have an idea of what it will sound like. I don't have a good setup for onboard video so I just stuck my camera in my pocket to collect the audio. Maybe I'll get a helmet cam someday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qG_yiBpbuA

Old 04-25-2010, 08:57 PM
1st Gear Member

nice bike what kind of guards are those

Old 04-26-2010, 01:56 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 04-28-2010, 12:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by HeavyFuel
I just put on an FMF Q4 muffler and Powerbomb header, (also a KLX300 jet kit and TwinAir air filter with airbox lid removed) and man this thing got more beans in it than I realized. I've been riding it with the stock exhaust and intake for over 2 years now, and was used to it being a pretty tame bike, but it will get up and run now. So nice! I should have done it sooner, but oh well.
What jet size are you running with that pipe setup?

I just went from the stock header, and muzzy slipon, and 125 main to the same system you have , and the power isn't as good as it was before.
I'm thinking I might need to go 132 jet.
The bike is stock except the exh/backfire screen/airbox lid off.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:50 PM
1st Gear Member

installed dynojet kit 128 main jet.. kdx 200 snorkel, twin air lightly oiled - bike pulls in low end.. really nice.. just gonna keep it like this.. done.. perfect.. took her out on the deep pebbly sand on north shore long island.. floats right on top with stock tires.. next ... KENDRA SOUTHWICK 2 TIRES 110/100 REAR 80/100 FRONT!

Quick Reply: Q4 + megabomb = different machine