Pulled over today

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 10:46 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Pulled over today

So I was minding my own business when I noticed in my mirrors that the cops were behind me with their lights on, then sounded their siren. I figured they were going to give me **** for the muzzy or something so I pulled over the next turn off.

He wasnt sure if I had tail lights since he couldnt really see them, but he said when I flipped the blinker on to pull over (thank god I did) he could see them clear as day. Then he went through the other motions like "is this street legal" etc etc. I was more nervous about him checking out the acerbis dot approved front signals, because they suck in the day. He didnt even notice the rears are not DOT, thank goodness. Also lucky I had my wallet. I have a very terrible habit of just hopping on the bike and leaving home without it.

Anyway he let me go, but was actually pretty impressed that the bike was street legal. His partner even came out to take a look at it and said it looked like fun.

Nearly crapped myself (cops do that to me) but all round pleasant visit.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Pulled over today

Hmm, it would be quite interesting chase if there was a cop behind me. No plate and underage =]. I'd b dumb and pull over anywyas.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

LOL isn't that the way, we are just going along minding our own business and all of the sudden lights. Even if we didn't do anything wrong, it still makes us nervous. I wish I would get pulled over for no reason. Did they ever say why they pulled you over? That is one of the nice things about being in Washington State, blinkers are not required, so DOT not DOT distance apart it means nothing here.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Will Shoe

Hmm, it would be quite interesting chase if there was a cop behind me. No plate and underage =]. I'd b dumb and pull over anywyas.
LOL its not if but when my young friend. You probably just have a look about you that screams pull me over. J/K Will you know that.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:22 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

LOL isn't that the way, we are just going along minding our own business and all of the sudden lights. Even if we didn't do anything wrong, it still makes us nervous. I wish I would get pulled over for no reason. Did they ever say why they pulled you over? That is one of the nice things about being in Washington State, blinkers are not required, so DOT not DOT distance apart it means nothing here.
He just wanted to make sure it was legit. First he asked me if it was street legal, and the only reason he was asking was because he couldnt see the blinkers at first (until i used them) and then I think he was wondering why the license plate came up as target oil and gas ltd. Thats my company, i have it registered under that name.

He was very nice, just wanted to make sure everything was nice and legal.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Its funny how cops tend to follow us. I've had quite a few that just follow me for a couple of blocks but don't pull me over. They were probably just waiting for me to slip up.

One of the first de-mod that I did to my KLX was putting back on the license plate drop that has a plate light in it. Cops here will try to get you on just about anything. One of the reason why I haven't put a Muzzy system on yet.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:30 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Will Shoe

Interesting as in shortest chase ever? I think you'd only be able to out run a vespa on these bikes, maybe a ford pinto with no oil in it and a flat tire.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, congrats on getting away with just a check out! I commend you on your ethics as well. All is good.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:46 AM
1st Gear Member

i've got to 100 and some, plus there are so many trails to hit. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qBB3AsgjN1M

Old 09-06-2007, 02:10 AM
1st Gear Member

nm

Quick Reply: Pulled over today