Pulled over.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 12:26 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Pulled over.

Well since the Klx is down for the count (spun bearing) I've been riding my 08 Ktm 300 that been plated. I also have it in supermoto trim now so I was out riding and was pulled over today. The cop I thought was going to be a dick but really was into the bike. He couldn't get over the electric start and what I had done to a 2 stroke dirt bike. He said you weren't doing anything and I wanted to check if it was street legal. Well hope thats it for the rest of the year. This thing is a beast !Hard to keep the front end down in any gear. No engine braking and wheel spin out of low speed corners it's alot of fun. Now the Klx is getting a stroker crank and some engine work before it goes back together. Hope you all have a great summer of riding.

Kevin

Old 04-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Pulled over.

Needs pics of the '08 KTM 300 2t. I rode with a guy a few months ago that had one of those. Very nice bike!

Old 04-30-2008, 01:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Just got back from mexico and dropped my digital cam in the water when I buy a new one I'll post some pics.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Jealous. Sounds like one sweet ride. Back to the original Super Motard ethic. Lightweight 2 stroke "crosser," sticky tyres and massive grin on your chops.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:44 AM
1st Gear Member

I had a tricked upKR1S 250 back in the day that I miss dearly. Now that thing was a blast! Green chain, windscreen and body, not to mention metalic geen weights on both handles. Your right WestOz about the sticky tyres and big grin on the chops. Here is a clip of a dude here in Oz that owns a KR500 two smoke. Legend of a bike and pretty rare these days. At the end of the clip he rides it for a bit and revs the guts out of it.....................farrrrrk me rome what a beast!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojeq3iu4HrY
Cheers!

Old 04-30-2008, 08:11 AM
1st Gear Member

That was sweet, thanks for the link mate.
Back in the day I was probably chasing your KR1S on my TDR250, modded with TZR250 3 spoke mags and Gianelli spannies.
On the back wheel of course.
Something like this.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:51 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kgwld1

Now the Klx is getting a stroker crank and some engine work before it goes back together. Hope you all have a great summer of riding.

Kevin
Who's doing the stroker crank for you...Jerry at FSW? Also, where are you getting the piston from or are you just having a the con.rod shortened? Man, I've got a gazillion questions, but any specs you can provide would be great. The stroker KLX engine is getting revived..good on ya! Will final displacement be 365cc?

Old 04-30-2008, 12:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Any idea how you spun a bearing?

Old 04-30-2008, 02:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow that yamaha is awsome! Love 2 stroke sport bikes. Well my buddy and I were beating the crap out of the Ktm and the klx and I think he lost some oil out of the klx with his many falls, and trying to keep up with me on the ktm I think he starved the klx of oil and wiped out a lower rod bearing. The cases are apart and we are trying to get a idea of the connecting rod length for the stroker. Were doing the work ourselves since he has a small racecar engine shop. I'm going to use the 340 that I had and also over bore the sleeve and then maybe just order a custom piston. Depending on what rod that can be used the cc should be anywhere from 370-385cc. I just wish someone could come up with a cdi that I can advance to get the timing I need for somemore hp. This will be a long project due to the summer racecar season and I have two bikes to ride already. I'll keep you updated!

Kevin

Old 04-30-2008, 02:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Did you read the "300kit coming this week " thread?
Page 2 gives some info on advanced ignition for the KLX, 13000 RPM and 40HP is possible. The Aus Kawasaki team raced klx250's in the Thumper Nationals.
A guy called Kevin Doyle was heavily involved, and produced custom cams for the high spec KLX's.

ORIGINAL: kgwld1

Wow that yamaha is awsome! Love 2 stroke sport bikes. Well my buddy and I were beating the crap out of the Ktm and the klx and I think he lost some oil out of the klx with his many falls, and trying to keep up with me on the ktm I think he starved the klx of oil and wiped out a lower rod bearing. The cases are apart and we are trying to get a idea of the connecting rod length for the stroker. Were doing the work ourselves since he has a small racecar engine shop. I'm going to use the 340 that I had and also over bore the sleeve and then maybe just order a custom piston. Depending on what rod that can be used the cc should be anywhere from 370-385cc. I just wish someone could come up with a cdi that I can advance to get the timing I need for somemore hp. This will be a long project due to the summer racecar season and I have two bikes to ride already. I'll keep you updated!

Kevin

Quick Reply: Pulled over.