Puget Sound area riders, where to go for offroad fun?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 05:29 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Puget Sound area riders, where to go for offroad fun?

Here is a link that gives you maps of all the ORV parks in WA. http://www.dnr.wa.gov/dataandmaps/maps/trail_maps.htm

Old 08-10-2006, 10:26 PM

I finally made it to Bremerton... It looks fairly populated. Are there any places within riding distance that anyone knows of? I'm North and East of Bremerton, almost in Silverdale. Any help/ideas welcome. Thanks.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Look at the link i left above their is Tahuya and also Green mountain that are pretty darn close to you. Those are the only places I know of right now need to get over and explore a bit.

Old 08-13-2006, 06:32 PM

Thanks for the info. If you're going to get over this way, let me know and we can go for a ride.

Old 08-14-2006, 09:13 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: navyman

Thanks for the info. If you're going to get over this way, let me know and we can go for a ride.
Sure thing sounds like fun, I kind of no my way around Tahuya been there 3 or 4 times Green mountain on the other hand is a different story. Weekends are the only free time I have to go ride and thats even tough with the family.From the Everett area it takes a coule hrs to get to belfair. Look at your planner and let me no what works and lets see if we can arrange something
Hey Deej want to go for another ride ?

Old 08-24-2006, 01:09 AM

Walker and Taneum (CleEllum) are my favorites now. However when I ride these places I go on a CR250 fully prepped for trail. Some of the hills I can’t imagine the KLX250 making it up very well. With the right rider I suppose anything is possible.

Reiter Pit – Personal opinion is it will make you a very good technical rider. The trails my friends try to kill me on sure have helped me become a better rider. I must caution you if you are doing more than just riding on the roads. Have a skid plate mounted, there has been numerous times I have hit huge boulders or other obstacles under water or just ones you are trying to clear. Correct had guards are a must (CYCRA) in my mind unless you don’t work with your hands. Reiter will make a new bike look old real fast

Old 08-24-2006, 01:28 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scat

ORIGINAL: navyman

Sure thing sounds like fun, I kind of no my way around Tahuya been there 3 or 4 times Green mountain on the other hand is a different story. Weekends are the only free time I have to go ride and thats even tough with the family.From the Everett area it takes a coule hrs to get to belfair. Look at your planner and let me no what works and lets see if we can arrange something
Hey Deej want to go for another ride ?
Sorry for the late post, but I am booked for the next month or more, with camping, getting the 5 riders over to Port Angeles for the BRC, and school shopping and what not, I am going to be hard pressed getting anywhere, of course you guys can always come over here and I can take you on some awesome spots. My wife got her permit last week, and we are starting to explore some more roads, but her being a noob I have to go really slow, but she is learning fast, and loving her XT225. I wish I could find a rack for the back for under $80.00. There is a ride that I would like to take a few of you on from Forks to Neah Bay, 50 miles on Forest Service Gravel roads, and 25 on the blacktop. I wonder if there are any places to eat a late lunch or early dinner in Neah Bay?

Old 08-24-2006, 03:35 AM
1st Gear Member

I went out to Reiter yesterday and found out just how out of shape I really am. Lots of rocks, and yes, I do need a skidplate for that place. It was alot of fun on the trails I did ride and there were so many that I didn't go on I can't wait to get back to explore some more. There were only a few other people up there so it wasn't crowded either. I can see how that place would not be as fun on a weekend with lots of people out.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:46 AM
1st Gear Member

It looks like there are 2 places to eat there. Natalie's and Warm House restaurant. Can't find much info on either.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:52 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Where is Duvall?

Quick Reply: Puget Sound area riders, where to go for offroad fun?