problem need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Default problem need help

[align=left]today i went and got some jets they only had main 127.5 and didnt have any pilots what i really wanted was main 125 and a pilot 40 i put the 127.5 in and turned the feul air out 2.5 it only starts on choke and as soon as the choke comes off it shuts off i was a a friends house working on it and rode it home as it was about 2 miles away it ran really good other then the idiling no back fire or popping just a real slight slight gurggerling i have a hmf with no air box lid..what the heck should i do>
[/align][align=left] [/align]

Old 06-22-2007, 08:44 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: problem need help

Adjust the Idle, put the airbox lid back on but remove the snorkle. Just a guess

Old 06-22-2007, 08:46 PM
1st Gear Member

+1

Old 06-23-2007, 03:00 AM

also where can i fine the kouba adjustable fuel screw
i know this is a dumb question but whitch one is the idler screw?

Old 06-23-2007, 03:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Its the big black **** below the petcock. The **** is connected to a cable that runs to the carb. Dont waste your money on the fuel screw, its not a race bike so you set it and forget it.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Part Number: FS-3
06 KLX 250 S Extended Replacement Fuel Screw
$020.00
http://www.carlscycle.com/eshopprod_...acement_Fu.htm

Old 06-23-2007, 08:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Dude, I think you've built-up enough credits to buy a few periods to endthose sentences with.

Yeah, the 'no airbox lid' tells me you mightbe running a bit lean right now. I would still check for air leaksas well.

What elavation are you at?

Old 06-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I guess my bike is strange in more ways than one....... i have a 125 main, 40 pilot, needle on second slot, and i had the air screw out to 2.5 turns, but it was runnin rich like that..... o and the air box lid was on with high flow snorkel, so i took the air box lid off, and adjusted the air fuel screw in to 2 turns out, and took the air box lid off..... man its runnin better than it ever has..... besides that loud metal to metal knocking...... personally..... you might be rich..... might try to screw in the air screw to 2 turns,....... thats just what worked with me.

Old 06-24-2007, 03:16 AM

Thanks guys. It idles now but it just doesnt seem to idle too strong. If put it any lower then 1700 it cuts out?
but....it makes the bike run alot stronger. stupid me went for a quick test ride with just a helmet and pulled a wheelie 1.......2.....just shifting in to third going about 25-30 mph and totally lost it cut my knee and hand up but not that bad. The crash Bent my front brake handle and scraped my plate and light.. oh well i have new fenders coming ( the 300 fender and ufo plate holder ) ~that kinda sucks and is embarasing!
I was reading, that instead of buying the N1TC neddle you can get a .032 shim and put it on your the end of the needle. I would assume that it makes up for putting the collar second notch from top? is this all true>?
It seems to pop even more now or at least louder ones right after letting off the throttle. but when down shifting it doesnt and going down hills it doesnt (like it did before) only when going then letting off?

Old 06-24-2007, 05:59 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: plameau
Dont waste your money on the fuel screw, its not a race bike so you set it and forget it.
[&:]

So it's a waste of money to have a modification thatenables oneto make the adjustments 100X easier???

Quick Reply: problem need help