Pro Circuit T4 slip on muffler. * NEW PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Default RE: Pro Circuit T4 slip on muffler.

ORIGINAL: WestOzKLX

The KX500 is made to order in the USA by these guys, http://www.servicehonda.com/kx500af.html. They also do CR500's, but who wants a red bike.[sm=boosign.gif]
If we get the 300 header here down under, it could explain the fitting issue I had with my 2 Brothers pipe. Also the statement the Kwaka mechanic made about the 07 and the 09 KLX's having the same header. IMHO I think it will fit a US 09 without too much work.
My Two Brothers slip-on should arrive on Friday, and I should have some dimensions to report on fitting by the weekend to share. I've got an '09 US version. That T4 looks friggen awesome, btw. Maybe I should have waited?

Jeff

Old 04-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SherpaDude

The KX500 is made to order in the USA by these guys, http://www.servicehonda.com/kx500af.html. They also do CR500's, but who wants a red bike.[sm=boosign.gif]
If we get the 300 header here down under, it could explain the fitting issue I had with my 2 Brothers pipe. Also the statement the Kwaka mechanic made about the 07 and the 09 KLX's having the same header. IMHO I think it will fit a US 09 without too much work.
My Two Brothers slip-on should arrive on Friday, and I should have some dimensions to report on fitting by the weekend to share. I've got an '09 US version. That T4 looks friggen awesome, btw. Maybe I should have waited?

Jeff
waited for what? that pipe has been out for years and it won't fit the US spec KLX as we found out lastnight without a 300 header. your 2-bros. was designed for the 250S header and will bolt right on. However, I'm getting a T-4 after I receive my 300 header. I called Pro-Circuit today and all the new T-4's get the cone tail.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:08 PM

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

Jeff
waited for what? that pipe has been out for years and it won't fit the US spec KLX as we found out lastnight without a 300 header. your 2-bros. was designed for the 250S header and will bolt right on. However, I'm getting a T-4 after I receive my 300 header. I called Pro-Circuit today and all the new T-4's get the cone tail.
I should have waited until I personally knew about the T-4 (I wasn't aware of them until this thread popped up, and I had already ordered the Two Brothers). I haven't heard them, but the T-4flat-out looks awesome. Imight haveordereda T-4and a 300 header instead of the Two Brothers slip-on (for aesthetics, if nothing else). I'm not sure if there will be much of a quantifiable performance difference between the two for the type of riding that I do (I'm more interested in low-end torque, so the smaller diameter stock header should be fine for now).

I do not expect to find anything wrong with the Two Brothers slip-on; it's top-shelf quality, and should soundgreat the P3 power-tip installed. I'll be doing the usual carburetor mods, and also include the KDX200 air duct. I've already dropped the front sprocket a tooth to 13t, and added the Utah engine bashplate (highly recommended). I've also sliced off the ugly part of the new rear fender (looks MUCH better). Handguards are up next. Will post some pics after that mod.

Bill Blue's new 350cc kit beckons later this year or early next ...

Jeff

Old 04-29-2008, 11:08 PM
1st Gear Member

if that header is stock, you can have my '09 bike finger.
Well that header WAS stock and the T4 fit. When can I get my new red klx?

Don't be an Indian Giver

Old 04-29-2008, 11:27 PM
1st Gear Member

hey 09owner... its too short in what way? when its fully connected it doesnt reach the mounting bracket for the can? or its up against the air box?

if its just too short of the mounting bracket, i would have it grinded off and weld on a stonger mount where ever i want.... pretty easy solution. that is if its just too short to reach the bracket and isnt haveing other fitting issues.....

Old 04-30-2008, 01:51 AM
1st Gear Member

[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]
ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Don't be an Indian Giver

Old 04-30-2008, 01:56 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Don't be an Indian Giver
again, a day late and a dollar short- I said all my facts and claimswere based on US spec bikes and were also spot-on in accuracy. And if you have even read what we've been talking about, the aussie bikes have the 300 header stock and the US spec KLX doesn't. That's why it fit his bike. So sad to say, you'll have to keep dreaming of owning an '09.

the T-4 won't be long enough on a US spec KLX- it's about an inch too short. Locate a 300 header and you're in business. I did.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:58 AM
1st Gear Member

If I've got A 2 Brothers pipe (designed for the US 250 header) and it fits my "apparent" 300 header (IMHO, like a glove). Then isn't it a reasonable thought, that a pipe (PC T4) designed for a US 300 header will fit the us 250 header. I'm sure someone will bite the bullet and buy one, and fill us in on how the fit is.[sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 04-30-2008, 02:04 AM

If I've got A 2 Brothers pipe (designed for the US 250 header) and it fits my "apparent" 300 header (IMHO, like a glove). Then isn't it a reasonable thought, that a pipe (PC T4) designed for a US 300 header will fit the us 250 header. I'm sure someone will bite the bullet and buy one, and fill us in on how the fit is.[sm=drooldude.gif]
WestOz--can you share your "Oz carb mods?" Have you described them in a link somewhere? I'm installingmy Two Brothers slip-on sometime in the next week or so. I figure with the KDX200 snorkel, and riding between 500-1500ft elevation, that I'd start with a #128 main (along with the other carb mods) and work from there. Also, have you done anything with airflow? What kind of air filter are you running?

Jeff

Old 04-30-2008, 02:16 AM
1st Gear Member

See the You Tube link HERE. and click on the more info tab for the basic specs.
#128 sounds cool for the US bike as you apparently have a small header than our AUS spec KLX. Also air airboot flows more air, ALA KLX300.
We also get a different needle here down under, N1RX.
IMHO I wouldn't worry about a new snorkel, just remove the stock item and save your cash.
I have modified the slide in the carb, no need for you to do that as yours is fine in stock form.
There is a mod you need to perform on the fuel screw access.
Stock filter, for now.
At sea level, and run up to about 800 feet.
I think the best place to start is the HMF Engineering page HERE.

WestOz--can you share your "Oz carb mods?" Have you described them in a link somewhere? I'm installing my Two Brothers slip-on sometime in the next week or so. I figure with the KDX200 snorkel, and riding between 500-1500ft elevation, that I'd start with a #128 main (along with the other carb mods) and work from there. Also, have you done anything with airflow? What kind of air filter are you running?

Jeff

Quick Reply: Pro Circuit T4 slip on muffler. * NEW PICS*