Powermadd handguards and G2 Moto handshields

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 07:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Powermadd handguards and G2 Moto handshields

Does anyone have either the Powermadd handguards or G2 moto handshields on a 250SF?

PowerMadd | Wyoming, MN | Star Series Handguards

G2 Moto Hand Shields

Any opinions?

And any challenges with installation? Again, specific to a 2009 KLX250SF if possible.

I'm interested in either of these for the "ease" of installation. I use my SF as my daily commuter and really just need handsheilds (or handguards) for some weather protection.

So finding these made me think they may do the trick. And admittedly, I like the look of the Powermadd better.

Thanks for any thoughts/opinions.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Food for thought, I have Acerbis wraparound barkbuster type guards. They're fine with summer gloves, but with thick winter gloves it is a bit cramped and sometimes the outer edge of the pinky finger rubs against the guard and throws me off a bit. If you're just looking for wind protection and plan on wearing a heavy winter glove, the G2 might work better for you. Probably mount up easier too.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Hi Mine were very easy to install.. one of the reasons I chose star series was ease of installation and the fact that you wouldn't need to drill out the handlebars.. so.. first, I bought the star series handguards. Then, I wanted more wind protection so I bought the extensions. Then I bought the mirrors, then I bought the hand wraps for in the woods and banging into trees.. :P got em all on cheapcycleparts.com

I think Powermadd allows the greatest flexibility and ability to change your setup.. its like a "modular" handguard system.. take things off, add things.. and the company is innovative and regularly coming out with new things that just bolt onto your existing setup..

Attached Thumbnails Powermadd handguards and G2 Moto handshields-dscn0651.jpg  

Last edited by T_i_G_e_R; 03-20-2011 at 04:52 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info. (Also sent a PM.)

Did you have to move the levers around?

Old 03-21-2011, 04:48 PM
1st Gear Member

no u can put the standard mounting hardware on the inside (near the center of bars) and leave the levers where they are

Old 03-21-2011, 07:14 PM
1st Gear Member

But what about strength/durability when crashed vs. Barbusters or Acerbis?

Old 03-21-2011, 07:32 PM
1st Gear Member

This setup is weak when crashed will get mashed... except if you have the handwrap setup.. then it will take a beating

Old 03-21-2011, 07:41 PM
1st Gear Member

So is it fair to say that the handwrap backbone is as strong/as good as Barkbusters or others? Sorry, forgot to mention the handwrap setup!

If crashed, are any of them relatively easy to bend back into shape? I know every time you bend it, it weakens the overall strength/integrity of the structure, but I don't feel like replacing them often! I know, I know, don't crash and I shouldn't have a problem!! ha ha ha!

Thanks for the info!

Old 03-21-2011, 08:12 PM
1st Gear Member

they are definately not as strong as full alum bark busters no way.. but I can crash on the dirt and they wont break.. if ur a woods or mx rider, dont get them.. if u do mostly street and occa beach/offroad they are great

Old 03-24-2011, 06:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Cool, thanks for the info on them.

Quick Reply: Powermadd handguards and G2 Moto handshields