Posting pictures and having opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Default RE: Posting pictures and having opinions

I do think the entire problems stems from a couple of folks here that just don't quite "get it".

As long as I've been riding, there has always been the teasing and cajoling about the kind of bike you ride. I just let it slip off of me like water when I'm wearing my rain gear. Some folks here take offense at it. Some of those same folks have to be absolutely right about whatever it is they have purchased, whether it be a car, an exhaust or perhaps even a condum! There are different "rights" for different folks. If you can't handle a bit of well intentioned kidding, then perhaps you need not read it, or just grow up.

I have owned and ridden Harleys as do many of my friends. I have chosen not to ride them for many reasons, which I will not go into here as it will be taken in the wrong context. I have decided to expand my horizons and start riding other bikes, that to me provide the type of riding that I want to do. I still ride with lots of folks that ride Harleys. They all know that I have a tow strap and will offer them a tow if they break down.

Several years ago I was riding with a good friend of mine. His Wide Glide lost a shifter while we were going through town. Yep, it just fell off. Fortunately we were pretty close to a placw where I could run and get a part to let him limp home as it was a Sunday. Just as I was ready to run, I told him, "There's a Harley Store just up the road, I'll stop there and pick the parts up for you." He said the dealership was closed on Sunday and I said, "Yep, but I'm going to Tractor Supply." He understood just what I meant. I picked up a 3/8 inch bolt and nut and fabricated a shifter for him.

One day I had my bike parked and found a box of Uncle Ben's taped to the voltage regulator. It was all done in good fun, we both had a lot of fun teasing each other about the bikes we rode, but we rode together, were there for each other and that is what the brotherhood of riding is all about.

So, if you have issues with all of this, perhaps it is you that has to change, not the other guys. Remember, we are all in this together, and what I'm talking about is the motorcyclists versus the non-motorcyclists. We need to stop bickering and start focusing on the real problem. There are those that are trying to take our motorcycles away! Wake up and smell the coffee!

Old 12-03-2006, 04:43 PM

Truthfully the brand of that bike in those pictures doesn't matter. Most folks have a hard time telling now if it's a harley or not. To most folks the royal star---as you say jap crap, the vulcan -----jap crap again......thay all look like harleys. Why is that???? I would never say jap crap, having owned more jap machines than american. Going down on ANYTHING sucks........would we be having this discussion if that bike was a 1500cc vulcan made to look like a harley?(no offense----i used to have a vulcan). WE ARE ALL HERE TO RIDE.

Old 12-03-2006, 05:17 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LKNY

Truthfully the brand of that bike in those pictures doesn't matter. Most folks have a hard time telling now if it's a harley or not. To most folks the royal star---as you say jap crap, the vulcan -----jap crap again......thay all look like harleys. Why is that???? I would never say jap crap, having owned more jap machines than american. Going down on ANYTHING sucks........would we be having this discussion if that bike was a 1500cc vulcan made to look like a harley?(no offense----i used to have a vulcan). WE ARE ALL HERE TO RIDE.

In the US, Harley owns the cruiser market. Other manufacturer follow the leader hence the clones. This is true in all the other segments.
Look at the new Triumph 675 sportbike. It's almost indistinguishable from a CBR600RR. Look at anybike that played in the luxury tourer market, they all look like the Gold Wing because that bike owns the market. And, no the Electra Glide does not fit into this category it is a different kind of animal.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:32 PM
1st Gear Member
Default We all know Harley guys like their bikes...

Dear Abby,
I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice on
what could be a crucial decision. I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me.

The usual signs... phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs
up. My wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them."

I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she
always walks down the drive. Although I can hear a car driving off, as if she has gotten out of the car round the corner. Why? Maybe she wasn't in a taxi? I once picked her cell phone up just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think
deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her.

I decided I was going to park my Harley Davidson motorcycle next to
the garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the
whole street when she came home. It was at that moment, crouching behind my Harley, that I noticed that the valve covers on my engine seemed to be leaking a little oil.

>>> Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the
dealer?

Thanks,
Bob

Old 12-04-2006, 01:04 AM
Default RE: We all know Harley guys like their bikes...

Scott V,

Don't do that!

ROFLMFAO so hard I hurt myself!

Stop it, stop it now!

[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 12-04-2006, 03:26 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

This big bad drunk biker with a big H-D tattoo on his arm was at a big rally. He walks up to a dude on a Ducati and knocks him over then asks him, "Who makes the best bikes?"... the Ducati dude says, "Harley...sir."

Then he walks up to a guy polishing his Honda, twists his arm and asks, "Who makes the best bikes?"...The Honda guy cries, "Harley of course."

He then staggers to a rider standing by his Kawasaki and yells in his face, "Who makes the best bikes?" The Kawi rider flips the drunk biker then kicks him in the gut. After that he knocks his teeth out.

The drunk biker gradually gets to his knees and says to the Kawi rider, "You don't have to get so pissed off just because you don't know the answer!"

Old 12-04-2006, 07:59 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

The inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven. At the gates, St. Peter told Arthur. "Since you've been such a good man and your motorcycles have changed the world, your reward is, you can hang out with anyone you want to in heaven."

Arthur thought about it for a minute and then said, "I want to hang out with God."

St. Peter took Arthur to the Throne Room, and introduced him to God.

God recognized Arthur and commented, "Okay, so you were the one who invented the Harley-Davidson motorcycle?"

Arthur said, "Yeah, that's me...."

God commented: "Well, what's the big deal in inventing something that's pretty unstable, makes noise and pollution and can't run without a road?"

Arthur was apparently embarrassed, but finally spoke, "Excuse me, but aren't you the inventor of woman?"

God said, "Ah, yes."

"Well," said Arthur, "professional to professional, you have some major design flaws in your invention:

1. There's too much inconsistency in the front-end protrusion
2. It chatters constantly at high speeds
3. Most rear ends are too soft and wobble too much
4. The intake is placed way too close to the exhaust
5. The maintenance costs are outrageous!!!!
"Hmmmmm, you may have some good points there," replied God, "hold on."

God went to his Celestial supercomputer, typed in a few words and waited for the results. The computer printed out a slip of paper and God read it.

"Well, it may be true that my invention is flawed," God said to Arthur, "but according to these numbers, more men are riding my invention than yours.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

General biker joke.

The Lord and the Biker

A biker was riding along a California beach when suddenly the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, the Lord said, "Because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish."

The biker pulled over and said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can ride over anytime I want."

The Lord said, "Your request is materialistic, think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take! It will nearly exhaust several natural resources. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things.

Take a little more time and think of something that would honor and glorify me."

The biker thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand my wife. I want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says nothing's wrong, and how I can make a woman truly happy."

The Lord replied,

"Do you want two lanes or four on that bridge?"

Old 12-04-2006, 08:11 AM
1st Gear Member

[sm=happybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 12-04-2006, 07:05 PM
1st Gear Member

"I know, Everybody funny Deej, now you funny too.." (george thorogood-1-bourbon, 1-scotch, 1-beer, & 1 Deej)

Quick Reply: Posting pictures and having opinions