Post "free mods" report : My veresion

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 04:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
I'll tee one up.

Iowa take a screen off a window in your house, put it in front of a fan (note the fan needs to be on ) and feel the force it takes to push the air through it. aka a mod.

I was going to say something about this but I wanted to let it go. I'm glad someone else stepped up to the plate. For a man with no signs of feeling Mr. Spock would even twist his face at that poor attempt at logic.
________
Mercedes-benz r107

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:44 AM
1st Gear Member

WestOz.. That 38 pilot was in it when I got it. Like I said, it did that before the mods and now after. Maybe I need to turn the AF screw in? There is no popping on deceleration either.

Cliffsta. I see what your saying. But what I'm talking about is that in my own humble personal opinion I think what liines they have and where they put them is just plain silly to me. Espeically when it comes into conjuction creating a conflict with other things. Like for me, I can't get the damn spark plug out without taking the tank off because of that huge hose up there and because of that tear drop odd piece coming down off the tank and because the spark plug is 6 inches down inside the motor. I mean come on. Who designs these things? Those are the lines I'm talking about. And that photo is priceless of Capt. Picard. LOL

To be honest, I don't have a problem with most of the bike. I think its fine. My major complaints are 1. the bike is majorly corked up in bone stock form. 2. the lines running under the tank need some serious reapplication. 3. that damn spark plug location, never seen anything like it in my life. 4. the airbox being locked inside the frame. And I have one "wish list" item, that is to have the ability to take the subframe off. But thats no biggie.
________
Cheap airsoft amazon oddities

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:41 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

you apparently are new to bikes, eh? ever worked on a ZX? do you even know what one is? any modern day engine has the spark plug buried inside the head. and no, you don't have to remove the tank to take it out if you're good.
if you read some of my historic posts, you can remove the smog equipment which will get rid of all them hoses under the tank sans the gas tank vent hoses which have to be there.
I think we all know why the previous owner sold the bike, or at least have a good inkling why. If you've still got the stock exhaust on, dude, you're wasting your time. The exhaust is the key. W/o it, you will have no noticeable improvement in power, trust me on this as I've done all the mods on two KLX's. The muffler and header will not allow the bike to breathe, even after your "jet kit".

Old 09-24-2008, 05:46 AM
1st Gear Member

HISTORIC wow, think alot of ones self.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:01 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Old 09-24-2008, 06:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
if you read some of my historic posts

Bro you are killing me....historic?

A Legend in his own mind.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

jason, my bikes idle was going up and down when i changed the pilot jet, ya need to put the stock (#35) pilot back in it will be fine then, thats what i did.... and it sounds like your main jet is big, for stock exhaust....

Old 09-24-2008, 03:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
jason, my bikes idle was going up and down when i changed the pilot jet, ya need to put the stock (#35) pilot back in it will be fine then, thats what i did.... and it sounds like your main jet is big, for stock exhaust....
No kidding?,... ok cool. Not even adjusting the screw helped out? I have it at 2 turns out, maybe I'll try going down to 1 turn and see what it does before I rip the carb apart again. I made some tools to adjust it while its still on the bike.

I also thought the main was kinda big, I was originally going to put in a 127.5 and I thought, "well I'm going to take off the lid so I'll go for the 130." Then while the lid was off I ran it and then for kicks ran it with it on with no snorkel and it seems to like it better with the lid on.

'09 No, I'm most certainly not new to bikes. I'm new to THIS bike. And I've owned a couple 4 stroke dirt bikes, many 2 stroke MX bikes, a snowmobile, a street bike, a couple 4 stroke 3 wheelrs, 1 sport quad, 1 utility quad...etc etc, plus worked on many friends machines and never have I seen a machine like this. And no I don't know what bike in to which you are referring. Does that make me dumb?
________
ROMANIAN COOKING

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WestOzKLX
Go the #135 if you've got a performance filter and thrown the airbox lid on the shelf.
Sounds like your pilot circuit is too rich or you have an air leak, (the idle prob') I,m leaning towards too rich. You've upped the pilot to a #38 and still have the OE muffler (Did you remove the "but plug" on the standard muffler?) If not I suggest the #35 pilot a better choice for the plugged OE muffler (set the fuel screw accordingly.)
Idle should be steady at 1250-1350 RPM.
As I mentioned earlier.
My bike ran fine with the OE #132 main and #35 pilot, that was with the OE pipe too.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Right... I did see that. I wasn't second guessing you, I respect your opinion, you seem to know your stuff about these machines. I just wanted to hear what he had to say too.
________
Launch Box

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Post "free mods" report : My veresion