1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by westozklx
jets--------138 and 38
gears-------13-45
pipe---------Two Brothers (slip-on)
air box lid----sitting on the shelf

complaints----zero

Just a small edit.

Last edited by WestOzKLX; 09-23-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffsta
I wonder... at 1000 to 2000 feet, if maybe a #130 jet isn't a bit big? I'm at sea level, snorkel removed, and I'm running a #128 DJ 2.75 turns out.

As for the wires and hoses... its a street legal bike, it has to have these things to meet emissions standards. Its the nature of the bike, nothing to do with poor engineering. You point out that in PA they crack down on things like turn signals or exhausts. If they take it that seriously, I'm sure they would check emissions? And by backfire screen, do you mean the spark arrestor? If you removed that, I hope you don't meet a forest ranger. They love to stick a pencil into your pipe and see if there is a screen.

Good luck with continuing to uncork the bike! Maybe it'll grow on you eventually.
He means this.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

it's a screen; what's the point in removing it? isn't air going to flow thru it as if it's not there anyways? it's logic that it will.
he's worried about being legal but then talks about a 300 exhaust with no buttplug which means no spark arrestor which means big ticket if a ranger is intelligent.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:15 PM
1st Gear Member

'09, you need to just stop! Your the only person I've ever seen on here give anyone any flack ever, everyone else on here is polite, friendly and knowledgeable. You assume things then run people into the ground with no solid alternative reasoning. Yes I'm talking about a 300 pipe and no I'm not talking about no end cap I'm talking about a modified one. I said that before. And if your not sure what exactly I meant then don't jump to conclusions and make judgments on things you don't know. My CR comparison was just me saying something to the effect of "it doesn't burn the tire off like my CR but its better than it was". In other words, using the CR was at the high end of the spectrum of unatainability for point of reference and where it use to be was at the bottom. I can't believe I have to spell that out to you. Like you criticizing me for things I'm not even fully complaining about like drilling the box out. Your freaking nuts man. This is the final thing I"m responding to you. It may have been wise not to respond to you at all but I'm just officially letting you know you need to work on your people skills and I'm washing my hands of you. So get off it already. You don't like what I did, quit looking at this thread.

To the rest of the lads. I know the bike needs its hoses and wires and what not, espeically being a DS bike. But there are many other routes that could have been taken to run those lines. I could think of many myself. It's a pretty well known fact in the world of mechanics that anyone who works on machines of any kind will tell you that alot of things are designed poorly. Like someone who's never held a wrench a day in his life designed a machine on a CAD at a desk in an office. Like the oil filter in my car. It's near impossible to reach. They put it in the worst possible spot and then didn't create any voided area for your hand and a wrench to access it. It takes 20 minutes just to get the thing out. Know what I'm saying? And I'm not complaining about these things to be a whiny snot. I'm just voicing them for archive purposes for those people that come to this board trying to get both ups and downs from mods and stock bikes as to what they run like so they can make intelligent decisions as to what they want to do. Thats how we learn as people. You learn from others experiences and mistakes. Ya know? My story is, anyone whos come from a quad, dirtbike, or MX bike world into the DS world for the first time. Get ready to have a bike full of crap.

And one final question. I did notice someone else saying about the DJ jets not flowing the same. Then WestOz said that's not true in another thread. I was reserving judgement on this until it explained more. So whats teh real scoop, is this true? If so, then it makes perfect sense.
________
The Simpsons Forum

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

you do realize this forum is nearly 3 years old right? everything you are saying has been hashed out and we don't need your "archive" whiny opinions because your dual-sport runs like crap compared to your CR. you are a complainer plain and simple and you can't take other's opinions. just like you not wanting me to view your thread, you don't have to read my opinions. when you post up here, you're opening yourself up to other people's opinions. if you don't like them, stop coming on here. it's the internet and people like me tell it how I see it. a modified endcap vs a removed buttplug equal the same ticket. the only mod that can be done to an endcap is removal of the spark arrestor, (you do know what that is right?).
bottom line is you made an ignorant purchase and now you're mad at kawi for making such a dirtbike street legal. go out and ride your CR down the road and stfu already. your CR is street legal, right? lmao. oh wait, it will burn the rear tire off, I nearly forgot. roflmfao

Old 09-23-2008, 08:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Just do what most of us do, ignore him.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZX1100F1
Just do what most of us do, ignore him.
Yeah, I just figured that out a little bit ago. I'm still fairly new here so you gotta give folks a chance ya know? But I can see how it is now.
________
Ativan rehab forum

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonFMX
Yeah, I just figured that out a little bit ago. I'm still fairly new here so you gotta give folks a chance ya know? But I can see how it is now.
not everyone ignores me; if you check, I get told how right I was nearly weekly in various threads regarding different topics. along with the pm's I get asking advice.

Last edited by Nobrakes; 09-23-2008 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Personal insults removed.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:01 PM
1st Gear Member

In reference to where the hoses and wires are run:

I wouldn't striaght blame Kawasaki for all of it. I know my local delaer has the low man on the Totem poll assembling bikes, which is usually the newest flunkie in the shop. Case in point: The battery cables were installed all wrong on my bike when the manual clearly showed them attached and ran another way. Same with a lot of the hoses; the guy that assembled my bike out of the crate did a poor job of routing some of the stuff. Its unfortnate that sometimes we pay "dealer fees" and end up doing half of the dealer's job.

Quick Reply: Post "free mods" report : My veresion