PNW Ride this weekend 8/4 or 8/5

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 05:43 AM
1st Gear Member
Default PNW Ride this weekend 8/4 or 8/5

Anyone in the Seattle area want to go out this weekend? Deej, Scat-are you up for Tahuya again? The weather looks like it should bedecent, a little cooler than tomorrow's supposed to be. Let me know if there's any interest. Tahuya, Walker or Reiter are all fine and within 30 minutes to an hour of Duvall. Duane

Old 08-01-2007, 04:17 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: PNW Ride this weekend 8/4 or 8/5

Sorry man not going to work for me.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:44 AM
1st Gear Member

I'llbe up for a ride. I'll have to take the KTM since the KLX is still out of commission from the water pump cover issue and I don't think I'll get the parts in by this weekend. I am going to do complete service on the KTM this Friday, so I should be good to ride this weekend. It would be awesome to ride with an experienced rider at Greenwater, but that depends if you still don't have a way of trucking your bike. Otherwise, I'll be up for any of the local areas.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:05 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Man I would love to, but I'm helping with sound and setup for a band here for the Cancer walk on Saturday. Dang, its going tobe nice too.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Tom, I don't have a way to truck it. Any preference to the local areas? I'm thinking either Tahuya or maybe Reiter. I haven't been back to Tahuya since we went a couple months ago.Which day is better for you? Looks like the weather should be good either day.Duane

ORIGINAL: Gomerpile

I'llbe up for a ride. I'll have to take the KTM since the KLX is still out of commission from the water pump cover issue and I don't think I'll get the parts in by this weekend. I am going to do complete service on the KTM this Friday, so I should be good to ride this weekend. It would be awesome to ride with an experienced rider at Greenwater, but that depends if you still don't have a way of trucking your bike. Otherwise, I'll be up for any of the local areas.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej, Scat and anyone else, let's try to get something going either late this month or early next month over at Tahuya. The only weekend that doesn't work for me as of now is Aug 18. Any other weekend should be ok. Maybe something late Aug or early to mid Sept? Labor day weekend might be a little crowded, but that's a possibility too.

ORIGINAL: deej

Man I would love to, but I'm helping with sound and setup for a band here for the Cancer walk on Saturday. Dang, its going tobe nice too.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Sounds good to me.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:17 PM
1st Gear Member

I have been trucking my bike to Tahuya a lot lately, so I would prefer to goto Reider. I don't think I have been to Reider in a couple months. Plus, I don't think my *** can handle a ride to Tahuya and back. If all goes well on working on the bike tomorrow, Saturday would be a good day to ride. I think I'll truck the bike to Reider, because I think I am going to go camping somewhere in Stevens pass Saturday night and do some FS roads Sunday.

Tom, I don't have a way to truck it. Any preference to the local areas? I'm thinking either Tahuya or maybe Reiter. I haven't been back to Tahuya since we went a couple months ago.Which day is better for you? Looks like the weather should be good either day.Duane

Old 08-03-2007, 12:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Reiter sounds good as long as I can avoid any loose tools, primarily wrenches, that happen to be lying around the place.My tiresand wrenches don't gowell together. Let's tenatively plan on meeting at the McDonalds/Subway area just past Sultan on Saturday. There's a Mickeydees and I think the other place is a gas station with a Subway or something.I'm not sure if I'm going to take 203 up to Monroe or go hit the DNR land out behind Duvall and head out that way. Probably DNR since it's dirt for about 10 miles and only 7 from my house. Either way I go I have to go through Sultan. Are you an early riser? I'm not, so meeting at 10 or so would be fine with me.If you run into trouble wit hthe bike tomorrow, just post a message and we can see about moving it to Sunday.

Duane

ORIGINAL: Gomerpile

I have been trucking my bike to Tahuya a lot lately, so I would prefer to goto Reider. I don't think I have been to Reider in a couple months. Plus, I don't think my *** can handle a ride to Tahuya and back. If all goes well on working on the bike tomorrow, Saturday would be a good day to ride. I think I'll truck the bike to Reider, because I think I am going to go camping somewhere in Stevens pass Saturday night and do some FS roads Sunday.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:57 AM
1st Gear Member

I remember that post when you got a wrench stuck in your tirewhile riding with Scat.Anyway, 10 works fine for me. I know exactlythe placeyou are talking about. It's a good pit stop to get some food/gas before or after riding. Tony showed me that DNR land to Sultan, and it's a great route to Reider. Too bad they closed down most ofthe roads.

Quick Reply: PNW Ride this weekend 8/4 or 8/5