Playin with the GoPro

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 03:15 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Playin with the GoPro

Got the Hero2 over the winter and today was first time I played with the 10 shot burst. This is going to take some cool pics this season!

It was drizzling on and off, and at one point my goggles fogged a bit. I almost got my head ripped off by a damn vine! It feels great right now. hahaaa. Damn.

Here's a vid of that little jump. Fun stuff!
Playing on a little kicker in the local woods. - YouTube

Here's to a good riding season!!

Old 03-26-2012, 03:30 AM
1st Gear Member

NICE! love the 10 shot.... shot. How do you lay them all in one shot?
I got the HD2 at thx giving and haven't played with it too much yet. I think I need a faster computer to deal with the HD files. I have Sony Vegas but haven't loaded it yet, what are you using?
Looks like you were lucky the vine didn't take your head off.
Dan

Old 03-26-2012, 01:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Awesome! I just picked up the hero2 motorsports edition should be shipping this week. I'm excited to toy with it

Old 03-26-2012, 04:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Ya I like that multi-shot too. Very cool! There's a $90 helmet mount for the iPhone that's currently backordered. Once they get them in I'll probably buy one.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
NICE! love the 10 shot.... shot. How do you lay them all in one shot?
I got the HD2 at thx giving and haven't played with it too much yet. I think I need a faster computer to deal with the HD files. I have Sony Vegas but haven't loaded it yet, what are you using?
Looks like you were lucky the vine didn't take your head off.
Dan
You may definitely run into issues on an older computer.

I got a Contour last year. I can't get the HD vids to play smooth on my existing computer... everything else will run fine on it, but the HD videos play with the video and sound out of sync. Thought it was the vids, but they work fine on my wife's new laptop. I have been converting them (for now) until I can afford a new lappy.

Love the time lapse thing! My cam can do bursts too, but I have never tried using that feature. I'm going to HAVE to play with it now...

Old 03-26-2012, 05:21 PM
1st Gear Member

For the burst shot, I used free paint program - paint.net

First opened each image separately in different tabs..

Use the first picture as the base, add a new layer, go to the next pic and use lasso to select just the rider. C&P it into the first picture as that new layer, and use eraser on that layer to make it look like it's all in that first pic.

I know photoshop can do this easier with layer attributes, but I don't have that installed on the laptop I'm working on.

I see now I messed up - the last frame I forgot to erase the power lines near his helmet. Noted for next time

And speaking of needing juice - I just ordered a new laptop through work to replace my standard one (good to be IT guy!) This one is an engineering notebook so I can work on the vids easier. 64bit Win7, I7 CPU, 4gb nvidia card, 4gb RAM, and 500gb hard drive. It's very nice for editing now

Old 03-26-2012, 09:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CousinLarry
I see now I messed up - the last frame I forgot to erase the power lines near his helmet. Noted for next time
I didn't even notice it .
Lot of work for a shot, but I'd say it's worth it.
Be nice if you could just one click it, and get the multi shot pic.
Have fun with the new puter.
Dan

Old 03-26-2012, 11:07 PM
1st Gear Member

I need one of those. Cool pics and vid! Nice scar! Glad you werent hurt worse.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:58 AM
1st Gear Member

I got pulled off my bike once by vines, amazing how strong the bloody things are. Glad your ok

Old 03-27-2012, 06:26 PM
1st Gear Member

If you look close you can see where you had to work to make the burst shot look seamless but you did it well. I have a DSLR that will do that so I have to get someone to shoot while I jump as I want one now.

Quick Reply: Playin with the GoPro