Pinit Racing / Best Dual Sport Bikes Performance ECM

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 05:06 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Pinit Racing / Best Dual Sport Bikes - ECM for KLX's

I perused the websites and watched many of the vids offered.
It seems both companies are one in the same.
They have successfully penetrated the KLX ECM and are CURRENTLY IN PROCESS of revealing more and more of the internal tables.
As they learn of the internal processes and tables, they are improving their ability to reprogram our ECM's.
As of this writing, they have found the table that controls the secondary throttle valve, and have defeated most, perhaps all, of it's deleterious affects on power production.
I say "most" because the power curve on this latest vid still has a dip in the upper RPM area AND he says they are still working on the reprogramming.
So, at this point in their efforts, removal of the secondary throttle plate is no longer necessary.

I would advise that we all wait until they announce the final iteration of their reprogramming efforts before purchasing their ECM.

There are indications that they grasp, and understand, the knowledge necessary in order to produce top performance programming - such as fully evaluating stock fueling and ignition schemes in order to determine "avenues of attack", using correct AFR targets for performance refueling, and the fact that they found the need of a "big front end" ignition curve revamp that allows significant TRQ ramp-up improvements when snapping WOT from lower RPM's ( or they read my ignition tuning project thread...lol)

However, there are also indications that they are "religious zealots" , adhering to a unwise tenet come hell or high water. This is evident in their entire performance offerings. They will not "fully uncork" a exhaust or intake tract. They will only reprogram for "slightly enhanced" induction and exhaust tracts.

We know the KLX's can only achieve top performance production when the airbox lid is removed and a full performance exhaust system is installed - at this point, it seems Pinit Racing will not provide an ECM for such "top performance potential" mod combos.

Also, it is very unfortunate for us that, while they offer products that slightly improve airflow on KTM products, they ( at least currently) want us to destroy our silencers (which also melt our side panels), and destroy our airboxes, with childish "butchering" . Note that they do not advocate for such destruction of KTM parts.

I remain hopeful that they will someday offer us an acceptable "power up kit" as they do with the KTM bikes.

Last edited by Klxster; 04-17-2024 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Make title more readable
Old 04-16-2024, 03:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Currently, Pinit Racing is only able to create 26 hp KLX's - which we can easily achieve as well.
However, they certainly seem capable of creating truly high performance KLX's - perhaps approaching 30 hp..
But, for 28+ hp, they are going to have to bolt on a Barker exhaust and run the airbox lidless.

Old 04-18-2024, 07:23 PM
1st Gear Member

At time of this writing, this is his latest results from his latest reprogramming efforts - note that secondary throttle valve removal is no longer prescribed - and should not be done.

Last edited by Klxster; 04-18-2024 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-18-2024, 07:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Something about this guy bothers me. I just can’t put my finger on it.
Just cut slits in you stock pipe and burn your plastic. Awesomeness!!!

Old 04-18-2024, 09:48 PM

It seems odd that Pinit/BDSB isn't willing to test the Delkevic exhaust system. You'd think if, as he claims, there isn't much of a deference between his modified stock exhaust and the Delkevic he'd want to show that as it will help push people to purchase his ECU reprogramming service instead of a pipe, especially if they can only afford to do one of the two.

Old 04-18-2024, 11:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Well, a few points:
Under no circumstances should anyone destroy their silencer and airbox PERIOD.
Also, It is not necessary to butcher those components as his butchering does NOT significantly alter/improve airflow - meaning that his ecm will work just as well on stock components.
Fully uncorking induction and exhaust seems to violate his belief system - Any results that are contrary to what we already know - regarding silencer and lidless airbox power potential - would be suspect and disregarded.
He is currently only making 26hp. This is easily achievable by "regular means".