PINE BARRENS 500

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 02:41 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: PINE BARRENS 500

Yeah, I'd like to see a GS on that Corkscrew/Helmet Scratcher trail we were on.

I think the reason Dave posted this is because a bunch of us from the forum spent our Memorial Day Weekend riding in the Pine Barrons and it was a great time. Craig, Dave, Dave, Eric, Patrick, Jimmi, Josh, Jerry, Colin, Pete, Nate, Tork, Tyler, myself and probably a few others I'm forgetting. And while there, we hooked up with some locals that Patrick and Jimmi knew that showed us some more great trails in addition to all the great trails that Patrick and Jimmi knew. And yes, we ate at a restaurant for lunch - Lucille's, it's in one of the photos on the PB500 web site. So regardless of whether the ride is "tough enough" for you tastes or not, it's still a great time, but the right company really makes the trip, IMO. Long live the Irish!!!

As for terrain, I found it to be plenty challenging, the pace was fast, it was my first time riding sand, the single-track was a lot of fun, and the whoops were killer - I hate those things! The dust was a little harsh the first day, but we got rain that night and it was a lot better after that. But everyone was smart, folks were prepared, no one rode beyond their abilities, there were a few biffs, but no one needed life flighted out, and everyone had a great time. I'd definitely do that ride again and would hope that all the same people showed up and a few more.

As for the PB500, I thought it said they typically split into groups of similar bikes/skills so that it doesn't get boring. It doesn't appear to be one massive slow bike convoy through the Barrons. Ride your own pace with like-minded mates, do your own thing, set your own schedule - just finish and get the t-shirt.

We didn't get t-shirts on our Pine Barrons ride. We got scars and broken parts.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:47 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes
We didn't get t-shirts on our Pine Barrons ride. We got scars and broken parts.
also some ticks for souvenoirs. [8D]
pulled one out of the back of my leg first day home after i found the little bugger

Old 09-12-2007, 02:50 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I wanna go back!

Old 09-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

hell ya brian so do i!!!!!!! Just thaught id let ya guys know, Patrick from DBtv moved back down to FL where he is from, Jimmi is still up here, also the network which thier show was on went under, and hes not sure if they are gonna be able to get thier show up onanother channel. He was saying something about starting a new show "Everything Outdoors" and he said jimmi might just make DBtv a internet show. Im up for the pine barrens same time same place next year.
Name:  NE017.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  109.1 KB

Name:  NE039.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  121.0 KB

Name:  NE052.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  98.9 KB

Name:  NE063.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  120.5 KB

Name:  NE075.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  120.3 KB

brian i swear your in like every one of my pics..... lol.....

Old 09-12-2007, 05:25 PM
1st Gear Member

500 miles in three days is a cake walk
I've never rode in sand like that just small patchs.I would like to try more of it sometime, looks fun[8D]

I guess I'll have to stick with rocks
Name:  DSC00672.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  91.4 KB

Old 09-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

id rather stick with rocks too.... sand is ok... but i like hard ground better.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:19 PM
1st Gear Member

no chance for hatfield next year ems?

Old 09-13-2007, 09:24 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Id be up for that....... but its kinda pricy to get in and ride to say for a weekend, there is a new adventure park 90 miles outside of pittsburgh, Rock Run. Just opend in May. I still wanna get out to check it out. but they have thousands of acres.... not all developed yet... im down for what ever.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:28 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

Id be up for that....... but its kinda pricy to get in and ride to say for a weekend, there is a new adventure park 90 miles outside of pittsburgh, Rock Run. Just opend in May. I still wanna get out to check it out. but they have thousands of acres.... not all developed yet... im down for what ever.
if ya get time to scout Rock Run and u think a group could do a weekend their without gettin bored id be cool with it.. let us know.

p.s. i also have the wife on her xt225 now.. i have my fingers crossed that she'll be good enough on it to go with me for at least one ride somewhere next summer... the terrain/location will have a large factor in my decision to bring her though.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jsac

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

if ya get time to scout Rock Run and u think a group could do a weekend their without gettin bored id be cool with it.. let us know.

p.s. i also have the wife on her xt225 now.. i have my fingers crossed that she'll be good enough on it to go with me for at least one ride somewhere next summer... the terrain/location will have a large factor in my decision to bring her though.
For future reference for ya, since you were interested in hatfield.... there is alot of easy, well easy for me, terrain there. you would just have to watch which trails to take, but she would be ok there... then there are trails where everyone we were with went down, except me . that is for sure an awsome set up.

Quick Reply: PINE BARRENS 500