PINE BARRENS 500

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 02:45 PM
1st Gear Member
Default PINE BARRENS 500

Check this link out. Looks like a perfect opportunity to show these "BIG BIKES" what our secret weapon can do!
http://www.pinebarrens500.org/

Old 09-11-2007, 03:02 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: PINE BARRENS 500

500 miles of that ****.... **** that. the 100+- we did was more than enough in that terrain.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Id do that!!!! that would be sweet!

Old 09-11-2007, 04:06 PM
1st Gear Member

And me with no gps Oh well not this year, maybe next. Perhaps the PB500 could be the 2nd yearly NE KLX-fest? 12 250's (300,331,340's included) up against the big KTM's and BMW's Although it sounds like larger tanks would be required if they are only stopping every 75 miles.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

that would be funny if a ton of us showed up for that to gether,,, they would look at us kinda funny....

Old 09-11-2007, 09:44 PM
1st Gear Member

A 3 day 500 mile event?

Hell I do a much more technical 2 day 650 mile event nearly every weekend on my KLX, and I promise I go places that you wouldn't dream of taking a BMW GS and the best part is that I don't have to be around a bunch of fat as$, story telling ****** accountants on their very first bike.

I honest to God bet that I could tech and post a decent finish in this here PB500 on my KE100.

And what's all this talk about "hotels", "restaurants", "support crews" and "go arounds"???

Sounds like these posers need to get out and learn how real men go adventure riding. Hint: It aint on no bike with ABS brakes and Bluetooth.

I've beed cross-country riding (desert no trails) alone 40+ miles from the nearest road with only a tire patch/inflator kit, just enough fuel and a couple Capri Sun's, hadn't had a cell signal in over two hours.

This event kind of sounds like hanging out with car club guys, no thanks, not my bag, but the riding part looks fun of course that always looks fun, it's one of the few things I care to do and I do it often.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:41 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1
I've beed cross-country riding (desert no trails) alone 40+ miles from the nearest road with only a tire patch/inflator kit, just enough fuel and a couple Capri Sun's, hadn't had a cell signal in over two hours.
But that's not exactly "adventurous", more along the lines of not using your brain when you planed that trip. What would happen if any little thing happened? You probably wouldn't have looked too dangerous then. Broken leg even, bolts came loose, on your rear sprocket... You probably didn't have the allen key for that, your rear axle came loose-don't have a tool in the tool bag for the nut probably (maby).
I don't agree in going too far from civilization on my own. Just out of sight of people and it begins to get un-safe. A riding buddy is a MUST

40+ miles from a road must mean minimal 80+ milesbefore gas. Hope you were running an aftermarket tank or had a few gallons strapped to the back.[sm=smiley5.gif]

Old 09-11-2007, 10:55 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: green242

But that's not exactly "adventurous", more along the lines of not using your brain when you planed that trip. What would happen if any little thing happened? You probably wouldn't have looked too dangerous then. Broken leg even, bolts came loose, on your rear sprocket... You probably didn't have the allen key for that, your rear axle came loose-don't have a tool in the tool bag for the nut probably (maby).
I don't agree in going too far from civilization on my own. Just out of sight of people and it begins to get un-safe. A riding buddy is a MUST

40+ miles from a road must mean minimal 80+ milesbefore gas. Hope you were running an aftermarket tank or had a few gallons strapped to the back.[sm=smiley5.gif]
If you aint joking then you best go sign up for the ride with these guys.

Your assumption on my tool bag is incorrect and your take on the distance to fuel is also wrong as I don't plan a trip out and back 40 miles, I have a set of destinations (waypoints) so even though I may be 40 miles away from a road once I hit that road gas may be just a mile or two up the road or it may be 75.
I have the large tank and also carry extra when needed.

I've been in plenty of bad spots in my life and always pulled my own as$ out of the jamb, I plan ahead and do a thorough pre-flight before every ride, nothing in need of repair is differed, If it breaks and I can’t make the repair, I walk and its no big deal, if I get injured then that’s just a bad thing that I’ll deal with at the time but I won't just curl up and die.

My style isn't for everyone, it's not always easy but it is fun, people a hundred+ years ago were doing much more with much less.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:01 PM
1st Gear Member

So is that your nice way of calling me a poser for riding safely? Well alright then... I'm a poser, because I can't handle you're "style", pardin me but, "tuff guy".

Your assumption on my tool bag is incorrect
ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1 only a tire patch/inflator kit
and your take on the distance to fuel is also wrong as I don't plan a trip out and back 40 miles, I have a set of destinations (waypoints) so even though I may be 40 miles away from a road once I hit that road gas may be just a mile or two up the road or it may be 75.
I have the large tank and also carry extra when needed.
Name:  crap.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  10.9 KB
See, guy, once you fill up at the gas station, drive 40 miles from the gas station, and back to the gas station.... How many miles have you driven???
And like I said, I hope you have an aftermarket tank. I don't think I could make it simpler

Yes I'm bored.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:03 PM
1st Gear Member

If you took offense to my post then what can I say?

Quick Reply: PINE BARRENS 500