Picture this

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 05:33 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Picture this

Ok so I decided to take the day off and head to Port Angeles an hour away with the wife to do some grocery shopping and to look at new carpet for the living room, yea I know real romantic right? , its out anniversary by the way. Well we get there and I get a call from work that the power went off.......great power off means water vault is filling up with water, I know water vault...isn't it supposed to have water? Well no. It delivers water. Anyway, since I am the maintenance department I didn't have anyone to call to work for me, but living in this small town, everyone knows everyone, so I call the equipment rental place and ask the guy if he can place a small generator and sump pump until I get back or the power comes back on. Well between the calls from Guardian security telling me that there was a trouble, and the University in Seattle asking why the server and router was down, and the 40 other calls, my day off turned into a full blown work day....not to mention blackberry messages, instant messages and e-mails, man sometimes I think I'm too connected. And on our anniversary to boot. It turns out that another North West storm was pounding down on the coastal area and 60-70 mph winds have taken its toll once again. As we tried to get back asap driving home turned out to be quite an adventure to say the least, trees falling all over and the rain so hard you could hardly see the road. Well finally we make it back and by that time the power had come back on and the water vault was back to normal. So I decided that since the day was a bust that I would try once again to get my wife's XT 225 started since it had been over a week since it ran last. Well I cranked and cranked, finally I decided to change the plug which was pretty black, but I think that's because I usually leave the choke on too long. Anyway after changing the plug it finally started, so I throw on the helmet and yell to the wife that I'm going to go for a ride and see how it does, she smiled and said be careful. Well the rain had stopped but it was dark and the wind was still at least 40-50 mph, but I was determined to get this bike warmed up, so I rode around town and down to the boat launch. People must have thought I was crazy riding and getting blow all over the road, but you know it was actually kind of fun. Well that's the report from me, now I guess I should go find the wife and finish our special day (13 years) Yeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Old 12-12-2006, 05:53 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Picture this

Congrats, The first 10 were the hardest after that i just do as i'm told and the last 30 were a piece of cake.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:57 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ol guy

Congrats, The first 10 were the hardest after that i just do as i'm told and the last 30 were a piece of cake.

Now that's funny......and true

Old 12-12-2006, 06:00 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

We're going on 17 years and are just getting warmed up.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Well if I count the first one and this one it would be 23 years, but my current wife doesn't find that funny LOL

Old 12-12-2006, 06:16 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

No, I can't image that she would [&:]

Sorry your getaway plan didn't pan out ... next year you'll need to get farther away where it is physically impossible to get back within any reasonable timeframe. I said before you should have gone to Hawaii - then this wouldn't have happend. When have I ever steered you wrong, man? [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Old 12-12-2006, 12:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Just turn off or don't take phone, blackberry, telepathic comunicator, fax machine and laptop.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Perfect example of why work should stay at work, when i leave the office, i dont think about work until i walk through the door the next morning.... i feel the same way about school, school should stay at school... thats why i never did homework.....

Congrads deej!

Old 12-12-2006, 04:30 PM

Hey, if James Bond can get away from all the folks trying to contact him and spend some time with his lady of the moment, I'm sure you can too!

13 years? Not bad for being a newlywed!

33 years and counting!

Old 12-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

haha.... u have been married longer than i have been alive by 10 years !

Quick Reply: Picture this