Photos from the Land of Sun, Sand and Thorns

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Photos From The Land Of Sun, Sand and Thorns

Yea it must be tough surviving with a camera crew and a support team. Just messing, I couldn't do 1% of what that guy does.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:57 PM
1st Gear Member

No way, the guy is a pus*y! He's out there for a just a lousy week - big deal. Take a NOLS course for 30-days or even 90-days and see what suffering is all about in the wilderness! I know I use to be a NOLS instructor! Or, if you want some real fun read my published articles off my website at http://www.climbingschool.com/Introduction.html (scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit the "clicking here" link!

NOLS link: http://www.nols.edu/

Old 12-07-2007, 12:32 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Yea it must be tough surviving with a camera crew and a support team. Just messing, I couldn't do 1% of what that guy does.
No camera crew, he's alone ... that's what makes the self portrait on auto-timer Survivor Man style, get it? So he does it all lugging 60 lbs of camera gear every where he goes.

If you want the camera crew, you're looking for this guy: http://www.manvswild.com/

Mark, yeah I read your link before, good stuff.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:19 AM
1st Gear Member

I think Mark makes 50¢ everytime someone clicks on his link

Old 12-09-2007, 01:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Below: Apache helicoptors make there test runs out in this area after assembly down in Mesa.
I've had them fly along side me just 50 feet off the deck on several occasions.

baddass...what would make me feel like a hero would be ripping at 60 mph blasting sand and have one of thos choppers flyover at 50 foot like you said....I'd feel like i was racing baja ......that is really badass because those pilots were prolly wishin they could do what you are doing, which is rippin thru the desert on 2 wheels!!!!! nice pics...myself and the wife have been talking about possibly moving to AZ. and this just make it much nicer for my opinion.....now all she has to do is finish her med school...LOL

Old 12-11-2007, 03:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Here's to your sunny days...could you still handle the snow?

[IMG]local://upfiles/7916/A4FBD64F0DA64597A79A1E44435D3CAD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-11-2007, 04:53 AM
1st Gear Member

No snow, no way dude! It's bad enough it has been raining here for the past couple of days and won't get back into the 70's until next - BRRRRRRRR!

Old 12-11-2007, 04:59 AM
1st Gear Member

My Dad went to Suns game a few years ago and when he came outside the ground was covered in snow!...It was still warmer there than here though [&o]

Old 12-12-2007, 03:06 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

No snow, no way dude! It's bad enough it has been raining here for the past couple of days and won't get back into the 70's until next - BRRRRRRRR!
wow and last week and so far this week i rode the trusty klx to work every day and this morning was the warmest one yet....42 degrees and it was raining the last 2 nights also....Maybe something is wrong with me?.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Truckman

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

wow and last week and so far this week i rode the trusty klx to work every day and this morning was the warmest one yet....42 degrees and it was raining the last 2 nights also....Maybe something is wrong with me?.
No it's not you, but spend several summers in the scorching Arizona desert it changes the bodies ability to withstand the cold - cold meaning, anything below 70. Remember that our summers last sometimes up to 7 months (April-November) with temps averaging 95º to 120º with almost no cooling at night!

Quick Reply: Photos from the Land of Sun, Sand and Thorns