Parts/Upgrades Count

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 12:49 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Parts/Upgrades Count

Dan, do you have any updates on you latest clark tank. Is it staying dry? Also, did you have to modify the shark fin to fit the KLX?

Thanks

ORIGINAL: mooredan

I've probably have missed something, but here it is:

Modifications
[ul][*]Kustom Kraft 331cc Big Bore Kit[*]Rear Chain Guard Removed[*]Turn signals and flasher unit removed[*]Seat strap removed[*]Passenger foot pegs removed[*]Backfire screen cut out[*]Rear fender assembly removed and license plate relocate[*]Mikuni TM33-8012 Carb (Modified by Bill Blue - bored out to 34mm)[*]Emissions control valve removed and ports plugged[*]External crankcase breather filter - airbox port plugged[*]Kickstand shortened[*]Kickstand starter interlock bypassed[*]Clutch lever starter interlock bypassed [/ul]
Aftermarket Products Installed
[ul][*]IMS Pro-Series Foot Pegs[*]Scotts Performance Shark Fin[*]MSR (Ironman/Regina) Sprocket/Chain
[ul][*]www.dirttricks.com[*]MSR/Regina Z-Ring Chain ZRH 520x120[*]MSR/Regina Z-Ring ZRH 520 Chain Master Link[*]MSR/Ironman Rear Sprocket KX49[*]MSR/Ironman Grade 10 Sprocket Bolt Kit [/ul][*]Motion Pro Magura 314 Straight Pull Throttle (not installed any more - broke it)[*]MSR Ultra Heavy Duty Tubes
[ul][*]Front: 80/100-21[*]Rear: 110/100-18 [/ul][*]Renthal Grips[*]Renthal Handlebars[*]MSR Hawkins Handguards - Black, P/N 34-0735[*]Clarke 2.7gal Fuel Tank - Black, P/N 1480[*]Trailtech Vapor Computer[*]K&N Air Filter - P/N KA-1287[*]Michelin AC10 Tires
[ul][*]Front: 80/100-21[*]Rear: 110/100-18 [/ul][*]Bill Blue Stainless Steel Brake Lines[*]ASV Brake Lever[*]ASV Clutch Perch and Lever[*]Muzzy Full Exhaust System (for the KLX300)[*]Sunline Rim Lock/Tower[*]Bikemaster Folding Mirror - 10mm Universal[*]Moose clamp kit[*]Utah Sport Skid Plate[*]NGK Iridium Spark Plug[*]Barnett clutch (steel plates, friction discs and springs)[*]Motion Pro Rim Locks
[ul][*]Front: P/N 11-0009, size 1.60[*]Rear: P/N 11-0011, size 2.15 [/ul][*]Kouba Lowering Links[*]K&S Headlight/Kill (Horn) Switch[*]IMS Flightline Shift Lever - WARNING: it doesn't fit[*]K&S Front Brake pressure switch[*]Motion-pro Vortex throttle[/ul]
Pending:
TM36-68 Carb (just need to get is jetted correctly)
moto-pro springs (possibly valves)

Old 11-06-2007, 04:07 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38

Dan, do you have any updates on you latest clark tank. Is it staying dry? Also, did you have to modify the shark fin to fit the KLX?

Thanks
Clarke tank: Third time's a charm -- it's not leaking after several trail rides. It appears as if they heated the brass fittings during the manufacturing process as they are dull and discolored whereas on the first two tanks, they were bright and shiny.

Shark fin: Perfect fit: https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_160543/tm.htm (no mods necessary)

Old 11-06-2007, 04:21 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm simple.....I think,I just have the same disease as the other guys.
K760's for off road
D607's for sportsman supermoto stuff
ASV levers for clutch and front brake
Motion pro clutch cable
jetted on a dyno.#132 DJ main,#30 pilot 2 3/4 turns out,DJ needle on 3rd clip.
4 stroke works header,with stock heat shield
FMF powercore 4 silencer
open airbox
Twin-Air filter
removed emissions equip.
Opened up to 1/2" breather tube
Primary drive gold x ring chain.
primary drive 45,47-49 T sprockets for all types of adventure settings
Engine Ice for coolant.
removed electric cooling fan, (it never got too hot in WV. in July so it's safe)Even on the sloooowwww hills it never even turned on .Air temp was 97 and we did 2 miles in about 1 1/2 hour so i know it's good and it works.
Pelican 1250 case on rear rack.
custom brake modifications for the front.(rotor,hose and pads)hint.....(KX500 '89)
Clipped carb spring to match the carb slide drilling.( faster throttle response).
Acerbis enduro hand guards (barkbusters)
Ram mount for the GPS
Garmin GPS60CSX to get home when completly lost and almost out of gas.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:23 PM
1st Gear Member

oh yeah....My hand grip heaters with my stock grips.....They were on clearance at the PO-PO dealer for 24$ so i had to get them.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Truckman

oh yeah....My hand grip heaters with my stock grips.....They were on clearance at the PO-PO dealer for 24$ so i had to get them.
Yea I installed a set of heated grips on the wife's bike................OK I like them too I mean if its below 70 its "too cold" for her. I told her to try riding in 20 degree temps.[8D]

Old 11-06-2007, 06:42 PM
1st Gear Member

I should get some. I'll ride as long as the playground is open....come rain or snow....probably snow, and sub zero temps. Thats how I roll.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:15 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38
Kick starter?...Baja headlight?[&:]
Oh yeah...true dat... maybe I was in denial lol

- 340 Jug
- Muzzy
- Jets/needle & lose airbox lid
- Crankcase Breather & tossed smog stuff
- Kickstarter
- Moose Aluminium Raptor bend bars w/new grips
- Moose Barkbusters
- Utah Skid Plate
- K&N Air Filter
- 1" Raising Links
-Kenda Trackmaster II rear,Pirelli MT-21front
- 49 tooth rear sprocket with new 110 link chain, stock 14 up front
- Oh ...... Air Horn!! as of a couple days ago.

I think thats most of it tremor, the light is still stock.

Edit: - Cut out spark arrestor.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Heated grips are one of the best mod's I've madeto this bike.

They have turned misery into comfort on more than one occasion.It's amazing how much of a difference warm hands can make to yourcomfort and concentration.Their 'bang for the buck' is through the roof, IMO. Since they make such a big difference now, I'm really looking forward to seeing how well they work once my hand guards and protectorsare installed.

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

I should get some. I'll ride as long as the playground is open....come rain or snow....probably snow, and sub zero temps. Thats how I roll.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Thank god I never need stuff like that

Old 11-07-2007, 07:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, must be nice. If I move far enough south, I may not need them anymore,howeverone of the places we are looking at has weather that allows year-around riding, but it still gets cold enough to use the grips in the winter time.

ORIGINAL: MaverickAus

Thank god I never need stuff like that

Quick Reply: Parts/Upgrades Count