Part # cross reference for #40 pilot

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:43 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Part # cross reference for #40 pilot

Does anyone have a cross-reference (other brands) part # for the #40 pilot other than the kawasaki part number? The stealer can't seem to get me one so I'm going to hit up the other dealers for a jet (maybe KTM?).

Old 10-24-2007, 01:27 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Part # cross reference for #40 pilot

If I'm not mistaken, the Keihin part number for pilot jets is N424-25B-XXX. So, the jet you want would be N424-25B-040.

Try a web search for that and see what pops up. I'd compare the web pictures to my assortment of jets, but I'm in New Mexico until tomorrow night, and all of my jets are with the bike in Oregon. I took everything with me a couple of weeks ago because I was betting I would have to make changes with the drop in altitude. I've got both the Keihin and Mikuni carbs in Oregon just in case...

Old 10-24-2007, 05:45 AM

check the part # sticky threads, it's all in there. then go to ronayers.com and plug them in and order them. easy

Old 10-24-2007, 07:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Tom.

IG it's NOT that easy, the sticky's have the kawi numbers...I'm looking for other manufacturers. As for ronayers.com, I have an outstanding order with them now and they are draggin there ***** on it.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Ok did i read correctly and you said that the KAWI dealer cant get a KAWI part? wtf is that...... id be looking for a new dealer/parts dept.....

Old 10-25-2007, 06:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes, unfortunatley you read that correctly....they can get the part, it would just take a month of sundays. They stock western powersports jets, which apparently don't make a 40 or any pilot jets for our bike so I have to go with what they do have in stock. I could have sworn I put in a #38, but when I opened her up she had a 35 still so I'll try a 38 since it's in stock. With a kdx snorkel, hmf, and a powerbomb at 3500 ft a 125 main, 38 pilot should do the trick (yup, the smog is still attached, but I'm finally going to drill the slide vent )

Old 10-25-2007, 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: fireroad

Thanks Tom.

IG it's NOT that easy, the sticky's have the kawi numbers...I'm looking for other manufacturers. As for ronayers.com, I have an outstanding order with them now and they are draggin there ***** on it.
so you're looking for a keihin part for a KLX but don't want the kawi part number? you really are making things harder. who cares the keihin part number, do as i said and you'll find everything you need. KTM puts real carbs on their bikes and cross referencing anything they use in a carb with what the KLX doesn't get is a real waste of time. if your dealer is that handicapped, do like Eric recommended and find a better one. You want the kawi parts numbers for the carb so the part will fit, otherwise you'll be getting something mysterious. trust me, it really IS that easy. It couldn't be more right in front of you already. It's why the sticky is there. Tell me, what "other" manufacturers make parts for the KLX CVK besides DJ? And according to everyone on here that have DJ kits, they're as easy as butter to cross reference and find info about. ?????????????????????

Old 10-25-2007, 07:47 PM
1st Gear Member

A Kawasaki number limits you to kawasaki suppliers. Armed with the Keihin # you can order from any Keihin supplier

Old 10-25-2007, 07:54 PM

I doubt that information is available. Sounds like looking for a needle in a haystack. Ronayers.com had my jets and needle to me in about 5 days. His best bet would just to take in the oem pilot and see if the dealer has anything similar to it that says a larger number. That's what I would do if I couldn't plug in numbers and have a little patience w/ronayers.com. It's not like the bike won't run if he doesn't get the 38 or 40. Mine ran perfect with oem 35, but a 40 probably would've helped it start better.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Its a pilot jet for a KeihinCVK.

That is all you should need to know. Kehein makes carbs, the CVK beingone model that the KLX, as well as alot of things, happen to use.

Go to any dealer (Honda uses the most Kehein's so I'd start there, alot of older Kawasaki, Yamaha etc was Mikuni) & tell them you need a pilot for a Kehein CVK. The pilot is probably the same for a number of Keihen carbs.

Quick Reply: Part # cross reference for #40 pilot