Opening up the KLX250S

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 04:39 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Opening up the KLX250S

The orignal post is over a year old. The pics on the server were probably never updated so they will not show up on here.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:51 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pooliod

In regard to post 14 of this thread, the embedded pictures do not show up. Does anyone know where I can see these photos of the air valve port locations?

thanks - Donnie
I'm sorry about that. The server that hosted those was lost and I've been trying to recover them for a couple of months now.

I've got "how to" articles all over cyberspace doing the same thing now [:@] due to this outage. I've got the originals somewhere and I'm working on fixing my old posts as time allows.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:38 AM

Thanks for all the effort here. I have since found other posts that show me what I needed to know.

regards,
Donnie

Old 06-04-2007, 12:54 AM
1st Gear Member

yea id like to see those pics too....just got my 07 klx250s

looking at doing this stuff after i feel the bike is broken in.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:18 AM

Hey all, you can add another noob to the KLX mix, as I just stole an '07 with only 255 miles on it for a too good to pass up price. It's been roughly 17 years since I have done any off -road riding(AMA Dist 14 enduros) and since a bunch of my HSTA riding pals (ridehsta.com) are now getting heavily into DS riding I decided to join 'em.

I love the KLX handling and suspension, but as this thread shows, the motor runs more like an XR100. The original owner put on a FMF slip-on muffler. Should I ditch it for a full pipe? Over the next few weeks I hope to incorporate the changes discussed in this thread in an attempt to get the "little engine that can't" so it "can".

BMWHD: we have more in common than just the KLX...

Gary

Old 07-13-2007, 03:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh boy, here we go again with the exhaust systems - well you asked for it!

Old 07-13-2007, 04:22 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BentAero

Hey all, you can add another noob to the KLX mix, as I just stole an '07 with only 255 miles on it for a too good to pass up price. It's been roughly 17 years since I have done any off -road riding(AMA Dist 14 enduros) and since a bunch of my HSTA riding pals (ridehsta.com) are now getting heavily into DS riding I decided to join 'em.

I love the KLX handling and suspension, but as this thread shows, the motor runs more like an XR100. The original owner put on a FMF slip-on muffler. Should I ditch it for a full pipe? Over the next few weeks I hope to incorporate the changes discussed in this thread in an attempt to get the "little engine that can't" so it "can".

BMWHD: we have more in common than just the KLX...

Gary
Welcome Gary, you should post in the new member area, we almost missed you. What's up?

Old 03-08-2008, 02:39 AM
1st Gear Member

I just wanted to add a few things because i am going to do this mod and wanna make it a one whole process with the carburetor. The slide vent hole, where is that at, i probally will be able to find it when i open it up but just want to be sure with this type of carburetor. Also i hear people with #35 or #40 pilot jet, and i hear 122,125,128,130 main jet and the needle position is diffrent with all the mods to the air box and aftermaket exhaust it should be pretty standard for the jetting shouldnt it?

Old 03-08-2008, 09:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Kind of off topic but if you remove the smog stuff are you going to fail emissions testing, I live in Utah so the laws are little more lax here, but what do you think?

Old 07-30-2008, 03:43 PM
jro
Thumbs up DynoJet Kit

Slipped the new 2152 Dynojet kit in last night. What makes us take brand new kit and monkey with it? It worked great!

Here is where I am at:
'09 KLX250s
Snorkel Removed
1/2" hole in last muffler baffle
DynoJet Kit- Needle, Spring, Jet, Air Screw out 3 turns. Clip is the 3rd groove down with 2 spacers.
Running the DJ124 JET at sealevel.
Everything ran perfect right from the get-go.

The dynojet kit is good- you get all of the goodies and directions in one box. And you get the decals.......
Probably does the same as going to the OEM stuff- its just packaged for you.

Quick Reply: Opening up the KLX250S