Old 01-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Opening up the KLX250S

Ok that worked, but it is still too small, hmmm

Old 01-25-2006, 07:56 PM

ORIGINAL: deej

ok that worked, so why couldn't I use one of my pictures in my photo album? What determines which picture will work? I will try another one from photo bucket.

deej,

I don't think the operators of this forum want you to do that.

On the size front, you need to look at a picture's properties. You can see how big it will be based on it's size in pixels. Try to post not bigger than 800 x 600 pixel pictures.

At least you're able to do the operation now.

Also, if you hit the "PREVIEW" button at the bottom, you can just play with what you are trying to see instead of posting.

Here's a nice pic of a local flower. I also centered the picture.

Name:  Picture011.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  33.3 KB

Old 01-29-2006, 11:16 PM
1st Gear Member

I put in the 125 jet today and did some more high speed runs on the highway. Pulls even stronger so I guess I'll leave that in there for now.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:45 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bmwhd

I put in the 125 jet today and did some more high speed runs on the highway. Pulls even stronger so I guess I'll leave that in there for now.
Feels good...don't it [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 02-03-2006, 06:46 PM
1st Gear Member

bmwhd, so whats the word on fuel econ with the setup your running is it comparible to a16tony? we all[sm=groupwave.gif]want to know.

Old 02-03-2006, 06:51 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scat

bmwhd, so whats the word on fuel econ with the setup your running is it comparible to a16tony? we all[sm=groupwave.gif]want to know.
I'm embarassed to say I don't know yet [8D]

I have not been able to put enough miles on yet since I live too damn close to work. I even rode in the pouring rain (can you believe it? Rain in Texas! Oh thank God!) today to try and rack up some miles.

Here's what little data I have collected: 1.4 gallons used in 70 miles (50 mpg) on the first tank after the changes BUT that was with MANY high speed acceleration tests including WOT roll-ons and a bunch of running the motor with the bike stationary AND includes gas drained out of the float bowl twice and not put back in the tank.

I'm running a more careful test tank through as we speak and will update next week.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:42 AM

Could someone explain in more detail the process of "Drilling out the exhaust". Are you simply taking a 1/2" drill bit and inserting it into the outlet of the exhaust? How far are you drilling?... just until you feel it pass through 1 baffle plate? I've never seen the indside of these types of exhausts, so I wanted to ask questions before trying it.... especially with a new bike. I'm mecahnically inclinesd but haven't worked on engines a whole lot. I di tear apart he tranny on my CBR600F4i once, but I've never messed with carbs. I'm less intimidated since there's only 1 carb (no synching) and it looks fiarly easy to access and remove... unlike on a sportbike.

I did drill out the breather vent with a 3/8" bit. That wasn't too hard. Hardest part was removing the screen behind the air filter. Those little nuts are a PITA. I've ordered the other parts you listed. I'm hoping for the same results.

Old 02-13-2006, 03:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Just drill away until the bit passes through the first plate as you described.

Old 02-25-2006, 05:15 AM

bmwhd,

when you say 2nd slot on the needle from the top, is the "top" the tip the needle, or the base? I'll post a picture after I install the clip.

Old 02-25-2006, 05:19 PM

I got her put back together. She started up pretty easy. Stalled a couple times while on choke (guess it doesn't need it as long now?) and didn't want to restart. Definitely more pwoer everywhere. No noticeable flat spots, and throttle response is definitely improved. I now want the Muzzy pipe, because it's improved now, but a little more would be great. It's still feels a little weak past 8000 RPM where power starts to fall off. It suprised me a bit in first gear by really taking off and tossing me back a little. Basically where the last 1/4 of throttle travel felt like it did nothing, now it actually does something.

One thing that still bothers me... if I set the idle to around 1300-1500 when it's cold, after I've ridden for a while, the idle is now 1900, which is a little high. When it's cold, but no longer needs the choke, it seems like it needs to idle closer to 1500 just to keep running.

The weather is cold again today, so I'm going to toss on the SS braided front brake line. THe brakes seemed better this last time, but the lever is definitely not as firm as I like for good feedback.

Thanks again for posting all the mods and carb settings.

Quick Reply: Opening up the KLX250S