Ok I installed the Dyno Jet kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Default RE: Ok I installed the Dyno Jet kit

I talked to starcycle today again and started interrogating the guy on why the women said the muzzy had not shipped and why they were going to charge me a restocking fee for this. Well after putting his foot in his mouth then taking it back out he told me that "he thought" that muzzy had shipped the item, but on the 27th he told me that they had definatley shipped this item and that it was on its way to them, no questions asked and he had to charge me a restocking fee, he didn't know how to respond to this. So I told him that I wanted to cancel the order!!! Man that just pisses me off. I don't care if it is cheaper at starycycle, if people are gonna beat around the bush with me, then I am willing to pay a higher price for quality service. Oh ya, he said they would "definetley be shipping the item to starcycle on the 13th" which is what he said on the 27th about it already shipping from muzzy that day, see what happens, you lose credibility.

So I will run the bike right now without the Muzzy, its got a hell of alot of power with just the carb mod. and I put the air box lid back on yesterday because when I got on the highway the air intake was so loud it was making me deaf. With the lid on and the snorkle off, its running just as good, or better. Maybe later I will get the Muzzy, but right now I'm saving some money and will probably by a street helmet and some other gear. I need a street helmet cause I was riding yesterday and a car kiked up a pea sized rock and it shot right under my goggles into my helmet and nailed me in the cheek, side of the lip area, going 70 MPH!! Let me tell you, I thought someone shot me a 1st, that sucker hurt like hell!! Luckily it didn't break skin and anchor itself in my cheek, it just left a huge red welt

Plus I dont want this to happen to my face[sm=yikesomg.gif]
Scroll down and look at the 1st picture you see
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...highlight=BIRD

Old 04-08-2006, 01:05 AM

I was wondering if there is mixture srew on the carb to allow more gas to enter and if so where?

thanks

Old 04-08-2006, 02:04 AM

Yup, click on the sticky on the very 1st page

Old 04-08-2006, 02:49 AM

Any pictures of how to drill exhaust would be appreciated.

Regards,

Old 04-08-2006, 03:51 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: westcan

Any pictures of how to drill exhaust would be appreciated.

Regards,
Thats a no picture needed fix. Mount a 1/2" drill bit in to your driver, and stick it in your tail pipe. Drill until you 'feel' it penetrate the FIRST deflector plate. Done, put your tools away.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:25 AM

ORIGINAL: a16tony

ORIGINAL: incabiker

Tony what are your settings, aren't you running a 128 jet also?? With muzzy, without muzzy, what mods have you done??
1. 128 jet
2. high flow snorkle, reversed
3. stock needle w/two washers under it.
4. drilled slide #30
5. drilled exhaust
6. 14/48 gears
7. stock breather and air valve system
I took her for a long ride today and I got 50 MPG, running through woods, roads, ect... Now when I was decelerating from a High RPM I noticed that she was popping like someone else said on this forum, and what this says is that I'm running too rich right? This is what causes the popping? I am thinking about putting the stock needle back in the carb with 2 washers under it like tony has it. I don't have a muzzy either and don't think I'll be getting one any time too soon. Maybe I can just put the dyno needle on clip #1.

Oh ya, does anyone have a trick to putting the Gas tank back on QUICK!! None of those damned holes line up for the bolts to go in and I have to pull the tank this way in that with some of the bolt already loosley in to get the thing to finally bolt on, its always a pain in the *** to put that tank back on.

Also, I thought that the carb jetting might have helped me in my 6 gear problems without having to regear everything, well looks like I still have to gear it lower. Even though the bike has more power throughout, its still acting the exact same in 6th gear going up a hill, no help there at all.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:42 AM

I decided ot play with the jetting a little. I dropped the pilot screw to 2 turns out from 2-1/2 turns. I changed the main jet from a 128 to a 124. I want to see if the popping on deacceleration goes away and if the throttle response improves. It felt like it was a little too rich. I'm off for a test ride.

FYI - I have the KDX snorkle, Intake spark arrestor screen, UNI filter and Muzzy Full system with quiet core & SA. I'm going to fill up this time with Premium.

Old 04-09-2006, 01:40 AM

Im waiting to hear the outcome[sm=interesting.gif]. Did you keep the needle the exact same?? Dyno needle, 2nd slot down from base,?

Old 04-09-2006, 02:41 AM

The 124 is too small. The power is flat on the top end above 8000RPM and flat at full throttle above 5000RPM. Both of which point towards the main jet being too small. Going 2 turns on the pilot screw seems to smooth out the bottom end and it's idling a little faster, and started up easier. The midrange and mid throttle postions not suprisingly were realatively uncahnged and there was only slightly less popping on deacceleration.

NEXT UP - I think I need a 126 main jet. I think that will be about right. For now I'm going to toss in the stock snorkle and see how the top end feels. I'm going to replace the Dynojet needle with the adjustable needle that I had in there before (see Todds post). I think that will clean up the midrange.

Basically I'm going to put it where Todd has his bike except try the pilot air screw 2 turns out instead of 2-1/2.

I also put the 14T front sprocket back on. So now it's 14/45. I decided that on backroads it was getting a little buzzy. If I'm planning on riding tight trails... I'll use the 13, but otherwise I'll stick with the 14T for all around use.

Old 04-09-2006, 02:56 AM

I might try leaving my 128 jet in there and just put in the stock needle with the 2 washers under it just like tony did. This might help me out a bit more since pretty much it will be the exact same as he has it, except I have no snorkle on my bike and he has the KDX snorkle.

Quick Reply: Ok I installed the Dyno Jet kit