Ok I installed the Dyno Jet kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 04:41 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Ok I installed the Dyno Jet kit

ORIGINAL: incabiker

WOoooo Hooooo[sm=happy046.gif], Guess what guys, I actually didn't break my bike!! I took the whole air lid off as soon as I got home and rode the bike, YA.... this sucker is no longer stumbling when you gun the throttle anymore, its pushing you back in the seat as the power is transferred to the pavement!! Hell yes. Wow, I can tell a really big differance in power, especially off the rode in the dirt. I went to ride in the dirt track up the street and noticed that when I was cornering and pumping the throttle, the rear tire was losing traction because it was putting more power out then the dirt could handle, causing the rear wheel to skid and making my turns much sharper!! It couldn't do this before. 2nd gear on the dirt was a hell of alot more powerful. I would just blip the throttle and shoot up rooster tails like crazy, the bike couldn't do this before, I know cause I tried it.
Ok, that does it. I'm orderin' parts to rejet the carb and do all the other performance mods, sans Muzzy for now. I'm still a bit sensitive to the noise level, but I'll probably warm up to that eventually also.

-Brian

Old 04-05-2006, 07:08 AM

lol, I know I gonna do the same thing too. Incabiker You got me all fired up.. I need that power......

Old 04-05-2006, 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: motoguy128

sdunne,

I'm running the KDX snorkel and my bike seems fine on the 2nd clip and a 128 main. I think I'd like to try a 125 though.

One trouble I had with your statements however, is that you say to run the 4th postion with a stock set-up. That would be way too rich. The further form the base you go, the richer the needle gets. I'm at the 2nd position which is leaner than the 3rd postion your running... but my intake might be a little more restricted.

One other note... why bother with the holes... you might as well just take the cover off altogether, what's the difference?

Since I see ma little rich up top, I might go aahead and also try running wihtout the cover for a while, to see if I notice a change.
Hey motoguy, did you ever try running the bike without the air box lid and see how it was, did it get lean or did it get better?? Of course when I took my lid off that sucker ripped acroos full RPM range with no hesitation, bog, ect... Just full power. And this is with the 128 main jet, 2 1/2 turns out with the mixt. screw, and the dyno needle in the 3 slot down from base. I still have stock exhaust on. So when I get a muzzy on to be able to push all the air out that I am now taking in without the lid on, I'm sure there will be alot more power to gain on top of what I have already gained. Keep us updated fellows and let us know what carb setting match best with the stock exhaust, muzzy, snorkle on or off ect..... Like I said with stock exhaust and the carb jetted as described above with air box lid off, this bike RIPS!!!

Old 04-05-2006, 08:27 PM

I did another plug check today you know fresh plug get on it threw the gears up hill under load. Then pulled the plug replaced it with a new one took rode home and this is what I got. See not running rich, just right.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1071/1565AAAE379C4DB7B55503EAE8A485CE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-05-2006, 10:25 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sdunne

I did another plug check today you know fresh plug get on it threw the gears up hill under load. Then pulled the plug replaced it with a new one took rode home and this is what I got. See not running rich, just right.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1071/1565AAAE379C4DB7B55503EAE8A485CE.jpg[/IMG]
Well Seth, that is still a little rich for my taste. I prefer the lightest amount of brown, almost dirty white on the insulator.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:17 AM

Well Seth, that is still a little rich for my taste. I prefer the lightest amount of brown, almost dirty white on the insulator.

tomato, tamato.

Old 04-06-2006, 03:22 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sdunne

tomato, tamato.
Ketchup, catsup.[sm=happybounce.gif].
I'm trying to sqeeze the best mile. 50mpg wide open on the freeway, 60mpg @ 60mph or less.

Old 04-06-2006, 04:41 AM

Well Im probobly getting a little less MPG than you, cause I hit reserve at about 70 miles so thats about 46 MPG. Now that may be due to running richer than you or that I ring the hell out of the throttle even when riding normal.

Old 04-06-2006, 04:47 AM

Tony what are your settings, aren't you running a 128 jet also?? With muzzy, without muzzy, what mods have you done??

Old 04-06-2006, 06:20 AM

Now that you guys have jetted the carb and opened up the air box etc, is the bike getting really hot. the other day I took the snorkle off for a little to see the diffrence and ripped up the road came back and the bike was hot as hell. I noticed the difference in power but i thought the rear panel by the exaust would be melting off after a long ride. the bike is still stock and i no the exaust is holdin back alot and probablly causing the heat without the snorkle but im Just wondering how all the rest are doing in that area?

Quick Reply: Ok I installed the Dyno Jet kit