Old 04-04-2006, 07:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Ok I installed the Dyno Jet kit

great info guys [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-04-2006, 07:24 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: incabiker

You think I already fouled the plug, bummer[:@]. I didn't even ride the bike a mile total due to the fact that it was stuttering so much, I didn't want the bike to go berserk on the highway, so I just putted it around my neighborhood. I will check to make sure.
Hey gravy how bad did your bike stutter, and did it only do this with the throttle wide open or all the way through the range. Right now mine stutters pretty bad with throttle wide open, but the rest of the range it rips.
Maybe not but it's easy to check and cheap to replace. I had a '66 GTO that would foul the plugs if you started it wrong. I invested in one of those sand blasting spark plug things that car shops used to have hanging on the wall back before electronic iginitions made fouling plugs a thing of the past. Hook up the air compressor, stick the plug down in the rubber boot, and fire away!

Old 04-04-2006, 07:53 PM

Todd I see that your running a 125 main jet and you have the high performance snorkle and the Muzzy System on the bike. From what Moto guy said, sounds like hes thinking he might be running a little rich too, and he has the 128 also. Would you guys recommend running the 124 main jet provided by Dyno for the Muzzy and KDX snorkel?? Sounds like 128 might be too much with the snorkle still on there. Sdunned has his snorkle completley reomoved with all the air holes drilled in his box lid and hes running a 128, sounds like eveyone might be running a tad rich with the 128 provided by Dyno even if they have the High performance snorkle installed. Too bad I don't have a 125 main jet, I only have a 124, but maybe this will work?

Old 04-04-2006, 08:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Todd I see that your running a 125 main jet and you have the high performance snorkle and the Muzzy System on the bike. From what Moto guy said, sounds like hes thinking he might be running a little rich too, and he has the 128 also. Would you guys recommend running the 124 main jet provided by Dyno for the Muzzy and KDX snorkel?? Sounds like 128 might be too much with the snorkle still on there. Sdunned has his snorkle completley reomoved with all the air holes drilled in his box lid and hes running a 128, sounds like eveyone might be running a tad rich with the 128 provided by Dyno even if they have the High performance snorkle installed. Too bad I don't have a 125 main jet, I only have a 124, but maybe this will work?
Only a dyno run would verify the next statement but I stand by it: The way mine is set up now, it's running better than any bike I've ever owned in terms of throttle response and overall performance per cubic inch. That includes a couple of fuelies I've owned too. It just races right up to redline without the slightest hesitation or bog in any gear including 6th.

Bill, I'd order a 125 main. You can get them for $3 from here

Old 04-04-2006, 08:31 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bmwhd

Maybe not but it's easy to check and cheap to replace. I had a '66 GTO that would foul the plugs if you started it wrong. I invested in one of those sand blasting spark plug things that car shops used to have hanging on the wall back before electronic iginitions made fouling plugs a thing of the past. Hook up the air compressor, stick the plug down in the rubber boot, and fire away!

Hey Todd, Your dating yourself! I remeber those as well LOL Now I'm feeling old.....................

Old 04-04-2006, 08:37 PM

Ouch,
I could have saved some money if I just ordered the 125 in the 1st place. That dyno kit cost me some bucks. I am going to experiment to see how things turn out. I might try that 124 main jet when I get, if I ever get, the KDX snorkle and the Muzzy installed. 1st I will try it with the 128 jet I have in there right now with the snorkle completley off, and if things are looking better then I will wait till the muzzy arrives and see how it performs with the muzzy. So far 128 sounds like the answer if you have the snorkle or air box lid removed with muzzy. And 125 with the KDX snorkle seems perfect with muzzy.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:21 PM
1st Gear Member

No mine only did a small bog. After changing gears, and then a quick twist of the throttle, then a boooooaaawwgg.. and then back to normal. It didnt stutter it just wasnt getting power for about 1-2 secounds. But after i removed the snorkle, it removed the problem. This bike is truly night and day difference from the one I bought. Power on top of power when you hit the gas. Secound gear whellies and able to shift to third with the wheel up... (sometimes) but that is just cause I need practice. Very powerfull bike and the sound puts a permagrin on your face and happy joy joy in your pants.... Trust me.. from a guy that just wanted a slip on version of the Muzzy... Im glad that I did the full install with the jet kit.. way worth it....

Old 04-04-2006, 10:06 PM

Ya, mine does this when you twist the throttle quick also, but multiply that times 3 and you have my problem. I believe that mines ALOT worse because I don't yet have the muzzy installed. Todd, so from the day that you ordered the pipe from starcycle till the day you got the pipe, how long did it take to get to your house? Also did you just use ground shipping? I'm getting anxious about this pipe now

Old 04-04-2006, 11:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Ya, mine does this when you twist the throttle quick also, but multiply that times 3 and you have my problem. I believe that mines ALOT worse because I don't yet have the muzzy installed. Todd, so from the day that you ordered the pipe from starcycle till the day you got the pipe, how long did it take to get to your house? Also did you just use ground shipping? I'm getting anxious about this pipe now
Just about exactly 14 days total to my door. UPS ground was only 3 of those days.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:44 AM

WOoooo Hooooo[sm=happy046.gif], Guess what guys, I actually didn't break my bike!! I took the whole air lid off as soon as I got home and rode the bike, YA.... this sucker is no longer stumbling when you gun the throttle anymore, its pushing you back in the seat as the power is transferred to the pavement!! Hell yes. Wow, I can tell a really big differance in power, especially off the rode in the dirt. I went to ride in the dirt track up the street and noticed that when I was cornering and pumping the throttle, the rear tire was losing traction because it was putting more power out then the dirt could handle, causing the rear wheel to skid and making my turns much sharper!! It couldn't do this before. 2nd gear on the dirt was a hell of alot more powerful. I would just blip the throttle and shoot up rooster tails like crazy, the bike couldn't do this before, I know cause I tried it.
Well being that I'm really happy now, I can't wait to get the muzzy installed. So for right now I will avoid getting in the dirt too much and just ride on the road so I won't foul my air filter too much. Oh ya and this is still with stock gearing, I'm sure if I put the 13 sprocket up front I would be wheeling out of the traffic light, though thats not what I want to do.
So yes I was running WAY TOO RICH!! The performance at full throttle with snorkle and airbox lid on was horrible, scary actually. Now its a ripping machine, able to rooster the hell outta some dirt. Hopefully when I get the muzzy I will by then have a KDX snorkle and be able to ride the bike without having to worry about getting to much crap in the air filter.
I'm so proud of myself for not messing up the carb
Oh ya Todd, I take it that those are business days you are talking about right?? Its been 11 days now and I haven't heard anything from starcycle telling me that the muzzy has shipped or will be shipped soon. So I'm assuming its business days.

Quick Reply: Ok I installed the Dyno Jet kit