Oil wt., lower temps & clunky shifting??

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 03:40 PM
drm
1st Gear Member

wow, a civil oil thread does exist!
thanks for the answers DB. I too am an EE working as a sr automation controls engineer. Our business shifted from strong automotive several years ago and now it is on the re-bound. I'm no ME but somewhat mechanically inclined and love riding the klx when I get a chance.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:06 PM
1st Gear Member

I minored in controls... love it!

:-)

Old 01-31-2013, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member

You guys are the best. Some people are, by their nature, so curious about "stuff" that they go on to making a living in "solving problems". If you ask one of us a question about a problem our brains instantly light up, our foreheads wrinkle and we are off and thinking. Thank God I'm this way. Curiosity is a gift. Again, I'm enjoying this. Thanks.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by duncanblake
you guys are the best. Some people are, by their nature, so curious about "stuff" that they go on to making a living in "solving problems". If you ask one of us a question about a problem our brains instantly light up, our foreheads wrinkle and we are off and thinking. Thank god i'm this way. Curiosity is a gift. Again, i'm enjoying this. Thanks.

yes!

Old 01-31-2013, 12:51 AM
1st Gear Member

There are two kinds kinds of people in the world. One realizes that they have a device in their pocket that can access all the knowledge of man. The other uses it to look at pictures of cats and get into fights with strangers.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:53 AM
1st Gear Member

To LTT: Sorry, I forgot your question from way back. Dave at Red Line is an applications engineer and more. I believe that he is involved in the development of their products and has a ownership interest in Red Line. Apparently he was offered a lot of choices in the petrochemical industries but was willing to give up some salary to have some control over what his roll was to be and in what direction their products would be developed. My kind of guy. I've had 3-4 conversations with him over the years about my race car and bikes. He's always been there to help me define my oil needs and offer me choices. He will tell you what he thinks and why. He doesn't push you into a choice. Thanks Dave. Thanks Red Line.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:19 AM
1st Gear Member

To Lotrat: You nailed it.To us, finding answers is just what we do. To "others", they don't have a clue about how easy that can be."Our" nature is to find and use any and all tools we can grab. To 'them" it all just looks like magic. I really think that with the smallest amount encouragement from "us" we can convert these idiots to at least semi-functioning people. Do you ever get tired of those insanely stupid questions you get from "educated adult's. I'm tired of rolling my eyes.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Some people just have the knack...

Old 01-31-2013, 04:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lotrat
Some people just have the knack...

Dilbert - The Knack full - YouTube
Oh god...I'm never going to live a normal life

Old 01-31-2013, 04:47 AM
1st Gear Member
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by RockabillSlapMatt
Oh god...I'm never going to live a normal life
Do not be so quick to abandon hope Grasshopper.

Got a good chuckle out of that Dilbert clip!

Last edited by ol'klx-er; 01-31-2013 at 04:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Oil wt., lower temps & clunky shifting??