Oil filter

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
I still like the username 2k1wn$.... or something like that...... 2 kids, 1 wife no money....
LOL yup that was it. One of my fav's was Bjtitsngolf, but I'm not sure what all that stood for. LOL

Dan

Old 02-01-2012, 11:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Funny thread, I've been absent for a while and this one brings back lot of memories. I will add my own:

Which oil to use to lubricate the muffler bearing?

Old 02-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RayCour
Funny thread, I've been absent for a while and this one brings back lot of memories. I will add my own:

Personally I like to use gorilla glue. It expands to fill all the voids to keep all the dirt out so the bearing stays clean.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RayCour
Ray, I'm glad you asked, I just changed my muffler bearings, and was wondering the same thing. ?????????? Dan

Name:  mufflerbearing.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  25.4 KB

Old 02-02-2012, 12:49 AM
drm
1st Gear Member
Default when is zero not zero

i have heard many people use the term semi synthetic... i used to work at a quick lube everyone there used that term...
Semi-synthetic kind of makes more sense than the partial zero emissions emblem on the back of my subaru...

Old 02-02-2012, 01:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
Ray, I'm glad you asked, I just changed my muffler bearings, and was wondering the same thing. ?????????? Dan

I'm sure that the MufflerKing had a favorite muffler bearing manufacturer. The one and only to use. No other would do. Anyone remember which manufacturer that was, because my muffler was just repacked and the shop dude said the bearing was shot and didn't know which one to order?

Thanks for all your help.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:58 AM
1st Gear Member

see the shiney silver inside the inner circle.... thats metal=no hole.... see the rubber gasket and then nothing in the middle thats a hole....
LOL. It must be like a glass filled with water/beer to the midway point....Is it half full or half empty.

I see an oil filter with a hole in each end. I do know the proper orientation in which it goes into my bike.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:01 AM
1st Gear Member

i have heard many people use the term semi synthetic... i used to work at a quick lube everyone there used that term...
Ahhhh. Add another reason to the list of reasons as to why I refuse to take any vehicle, including my own, to a quick lube.

A) Cannot put a filter on straight
B) Cannot put a drain plug in straight
C) Cannot get the terminology straight

Next time you shop for oils, notice the types that have partial synthetic and partial conventional are labeled as synthetic blend

Last edited by whyzee; 02-02-2012 at 03:12 AM. Reason: putting on flame proof suit
Old 02-02-2012, 03:07 AM
1st Gear Member

The OP does know that there is a spring to hold the filter in position...how would that spring work if the 'big hole' was installed inward? Again, more simple logic...but whatever.

The OP did seem to get a little hot in another post asking about throttle bracket mounting screws...personality trait, I suppose.

But I digress...wait this whole thread has become a giant digression. It's silly how the most useless threads can have so much life. I guess they are entertaining.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:19 AM
1st Gear Member

'Synthetic' oil is an extremely mis-used and mis-understood term. All of your typical motor oils are 'dinosaur oil' (not including castor oil sometimes used in two-strokes, that stuff comes from a bean). 'Synthetic' oils are made out of the same crude as 'conventional' oils, but they're much more processed to allow better control of the properties. Whether or not a 'synthetic' oil is better than a 'conventional' oil is entirely dependent on needs of the application and the specific blend of oil (not to discount personal preference and marketing).

Quick Reply: Oil filter