Oil filter

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 02:45 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jeffzx9
(EMS, the Fram filter is for illustrative purposes only, right? You don't actually USE a Fram?)
I use hiflo filters...

You can also bend the spring so the diameter is larger and it fits tight in the motor. Instead of using grease, i never liked the idea of adding grease to my oil.

That fram filter is the filter for our bikes. The other pic is for reference only, to see the back.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:52 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Name:  thmf_popcorn.gif
Views: 33
Size:  5.3 KB

Old 01-31-2012, 03:20 PM
1st Gear Member
Question Why respond when you can't/won't help? Aww a sadist?

Genuine Kawasaki parts.

# 52010-1053

The Fram ( puttuey; should NEVER be used ) shown is closed on the metal end the Kaw part is not.

Ems ... You still don't get it It was in pieces and I'M POOR!!
So since you have the magic hands ( and brain ) mail me your manual. From your statements you don't need it.

And those two pics are of two different filters. Notice where the rubber gasket is located,

Thanks to the helpful responders. Rubber to the filter cap?

Old 01-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Yes i do get it. You dont have the knowledge or the resources to put together the bike you bought in pieces, and you dont have the money. But yet you buy a genuine kaw oil filter which is more expensive than any other oil filter for this bike. I dont have magic hands or brain. I know my abilities and i know that i would not attempt to put a motor together which i received in pieces without a manual, and i consider myself pretty mechanically inclined.

I have no idea what kinda filter you got, but it sounds wrong....it cant have a hole in the other end, the oil wouldnt get filtered.

pic of # 52010-1053
Oil Filter 52010-1053 for CBX125/BC175/CALIBRE115/KRISS motorcycle/dirt bike,250-04-35000 oil filter products, buy Oil Filter 52010-1053 for CBX125/BC175/CALIBRE115/KRISS motorcycle/dirt bike,250-04-35000 oil filter products from alibaba.com

I have had my bike for 6 years, and know just as much about the KLX than anyone on here.... you my friend can get someone elses help....

Old 01-31-2012, 03:40 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Maddog, you may be getting a little wound-up about this. Those pics are of the same filter. The "hole" you're describing on the all metal end of the filter is perhaps a bypass. It's been awhile since I've looked at mine, but I think there's a spring loaded plate on that all metal end that may only come into play when/if the paper element became totally plugged. Trying to go from memory here. But...there is technically no hole in both ends. The spring loaded "hole" only comes into play in severe/extreme conditions. You can tell the rubber O-ringed end with the obvious hole fits a snout or spigot on the oil filter cover...doesn't it? I believe that's the "logic" aspect that the other guys were trying to point out. Maddog, you really do need a manual before doing this or other work if you haven't had a lot of experience with a particular bike. Heck...I worked at a motorcycle shop for 15 years as a mechanic, and I wouldn't undertake any critical work on a model I wasn't intimately familiar with. There are often little surprises that might seem insignificant but could cause real problems, and a manual can keep you from stumbling into one of those land mines.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:48 PM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up Oil filter Part#

Genuine Kawa part # 52010-1053

This pics above are of two different filters.

Why respond when you can't or won't help? Ohh ya Because of SADISM.

OR as the Germans say Schadenfreude - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

May your GOD have mercy on you.
Sincerely M

Old 01-31-2012, 03:58 PM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs down

" it cant have a hole in the other end, the oil wouldnt get filtered. "

Take a look at the genuine Kawa oil filter part number 52010-1053 Holes in both ends!
I have one in hand RIGHT NOW!!!!!! I mean LOOK at the FILTER!!!!!!! Holes on both ends!!!!!!!!!!!

Why call me a friend after the nasty things said. And did YOU not offer Snide and non helpful advice? I DID NOT ask for you to reply. So yes. I must get my help elsewhere because you offer none.
What a guy. If you are the moderator ... The site is in evil hands BEWARE!!
M

Old 01-31-2012, 04:08 PM
1st Gear Member

TNC look again

One has the rubber inset the other has the rubber above the surface.
Amazing how such a simple question has taken up so much time and exposed so much ignorance of things.
TNC says yes there is a hole for a bypass but then says no there is no hole.

The " little surprises that might seem insignificant " IS WHY I ASKED THE QUESTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to those that helped.
And to those that just wanted to speak. Next time "show your intelligence not your ignorance?
And everyone will benefit.

M

M

Old 01-31-2012, 04:10 PM
1st Gear Member
Cool Dude LOOK at the pic.

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
Yes i do get it. You dont have the knowledge or the resources to put together the bike you bought in pieces, and you dont have the money. But yet you buy a genuine kaw oil filter which is more expensive than any other oil filter for this bike. I dont have magic hands or brain. I know my abilities and i know that i would not attempt to put a motor together which i received in pieces without a manual, and i consider myself pretty mechanically inclined.

I have no idea what kinda filter you got, but it sounds wrong....it cant have a hole in the other end, the oil wouldnt get filtered.

pic of # 52010-1053
Oil Filter 52010-1053 for CBX125/BC175/CALIBRE115/KRISS motorcycle/dirt bike,250-04-35000 oil filter products, buy Oil Filter 52010-1053 for CBX125/BC175/CALIBRE115/KRISS motorcycle/dirt bike,250-04-35000 oil filter products from alibaba.com

I have had my bike for 6 years, and know just as much about the KLX than anyone on here.... you my friend can get someone elses help....
There is a spot of darker grey. THAT is a HOLE.

M

Old 01-31-2012, 04:12 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Maddog, you need to take a step back and not get so easily offended, and name calling doesn't have a place here. Your question quickly brought to the front that you have limited knowledge about that bike. And there is nothing wrong with that. You asked a simple question and the simple answer was given although a little sarcastically, which is what we do here sometimes. The forums here are a great resource, but if you are a person that is easily offended then fitting in here may not be for you. You got offended because you think you were being picked on. Not true. 99% of the folks on this forum are more than helpful to anyone who joins that includes you in this situation. There might also be a language misinterpretation here as well, so how about taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture and realize that this went south when it really didn't have to go that direction.

Quick Reply: Oil filter