ohhh the slow agonyyyyyyyy

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 02:48 AM
1st Gear Member
Default ohhh the slow agonyyyyyyyy

well i have had my bike like 3-4 weeks now and still cant ride it. i bought it knowing i would have to do a few things to be "legal". permit, registration, insurance.........
but the latest blow was i got my dmv papers today and the dealership turned in the paperwork to register it as a dirtbike. grrrr.
luckily they admit to thier fault and will straighten it out.

the last thing i need to belegal is to attend a safety course. i am military and if i get caught riding without the course completed i would get slammed.

not a big deal except classes are all booked for 3 months. i can try to get in as a walk on but thats a big if......

to top it off gas went over $4 a gallon today and i wanted to be on the bike before that happend.

ok venting over lol
but it sucks my son has more seat time on his crf 50 than i do on my bike and i bought them the same day.

on a good note the wife is talking to me again and i even caught her in the garage sitting on the bike. when i came home with my permit yesterday she was kinda happy and said " yea! you gonna go ride it now?"

Old 05-24-2008, 03:07 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: ohhh the slow agonyyyyyyyy

Well I know its hard to wait for something that you want that bad, but hey why don't you truck it to some off road area, then you won't have to worry about licence and insurance. Post up some pics of the bike when you get a chance, he maybe your wife will let you take a picture of her on the bike and post it here in the forums. She won't know, my wife doesn't. Later man.

Old 05-24-2008, 03:08 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Oh and diesel just hit $5.02 here so quit whining.[8D]

Old 05-24-2008, 03:23 AM
1st Gear Member

well lets see the first time i wanted a dirtbike was age 5 and now that i'm 33 and got my bike i guess another few weeks wont hurt. lol

digi cam broke a while back been meaning to get a new one.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:16 PM
1st Gear Member

The courses get filled pretty quick. See if there are any courses at a local community college as theygenerally donot fill up as quick because they tend to be a bit more pricey.

Mike

Old 05-24-2008, 10:48 PM
1st Gear Member

TUCAZ,I've been in your shoes before. I had to wait for the safety course class, just so I could also ride on miltary bases. For kicks and giggles, since they did away with it, I left the Anderson AFB decal on the fork. Some people do catch it and say if I was from Guam. The KLX came fromGuam, but I never visited.

It will be worth it once you do take the course.

Added:
Check and see if your military base has that course offered. Tinker AFB offers the course free of charge to DOD and military personal. Your base might have the same thing.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:03 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah the base has it for free but with a 3 month wait.
im gonna try to get on as a stand by for a couple of weeks if that doesnt work i guess im gonna have to pay for it.
my current students will graduate on june 3rd after that i will have time to find a course and get it done.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:09 PM
1st Gear Member

I took the basic MSF course through Pima Comunity College on Davis Monthan in Tucson. The guys teaching it were all military. I think they were "moonlighting" on the weekend as instructors for the local comunity college. We only hadthree guys in uniform in the class.The two older guys were reservists back from active duty on a "two way" range in IRAQ on Suzuki Gixer 600's. The kid, a ~19 year old enlisted guy about 3 months in, was riding a brand new Yamaha R1. []

I hope that kid doesn't kill himself before he learns some common sense and good riding skills.

Old 05-26-2008, 03:35 PM
1st Gear Member

i know its for the better that the course is required and hopefully the next week will go by fast.
i dont get how these young guys hop sraight on to sports bikes wihtout the insurance killing them?

Old 05-26-2008, 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Pfftt. I just got some insurance and started riding. Not to worried about a license here. I can fill my KLX up for about 6.00 or so.

Cheers,

Quick Reply: ohhh the slow agonyyyyyyyy