Oh yeah baby!!! got an '09................!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:30 AM
IG
Default RE: Oh yeah baby!!! got an '09................!!

ORIGINAL: KLXer

ORIGINAL: 2k1w=no$

Someone had also installed a ss line that was for a wr. that did the same thing.
It's me, It's me.

I did not read every post in this thread---fact is I can not read one more word that comes out of that a$$ clown's mouth & you all know of the corn eat'n bastard I mean. He has massaged every square inch of that freaking brochure with his tongue as he has done with the brochures of every other bike he stored in his garage under his name & everyone's a$$ who works at Big Gun. He has already stated the tires are an imporvement O-M-G. It is an 09 so every bit on it is better than every part made before 09. Not even the new WR can hold a candle to the 09, etc.etc. He is a tool, a poser, an idiot & I can take no more.

I'll be using the block from now on & if that does not work I am out of here. Please do not use quotes from him as they do not get blocked if you do.
LMAO- klxer, lay off the alcohol or get some xanax buddy. you're becoming a freakmy friend. I know you'll see this post as curiosity always kills the cat. You're addicted and your name is KLXer.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:15 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KLXer

I did not read every post in this thread---fact is I can not read one more word that comes out of that a$$ clown's mouth & you all know of the corn eat'n bastard I mean. He has massaged every square inch of that freaking brochure with his tongue as he has done with the brochures of every other bike he stored in his garage under his name & everyone's a$$ who works at Big Gun. He has already stated the tires are an imporvement O-M-G. It is an 09 so every bit on it is better than every part made before 09. Not even the new WR can hold a candle to the 09, etc.etc. He is a tool, a poser, an idiot & I can take no more.

I'll be using the block from now on & if that does not work I am out of here. Please do not use quotes from him as they do not get blocked if you do.
+1
It really does get old, doesn't it?
Geez, the 09's are what they are........... 09's.
No drool here.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

ORIGINAL: HeavyFuel
As for the brake line routing, look at pictures of the '09 routing. The brake line now crosses the lower fork leg about six inches up from the axle, on the outside. Is this better, or just different?

That routing eliminates the exposure from below, but presents a new exposure from the side that wasn't there before. I think they have the right idea, but poor implementation. A simple low-side or brushing up against some rocks or logs along the trail looks like it might do that one in. Most off-road bikes route the line to the inside of the fork instead which provides the most protection.

The good news is that it should be easy to fix, just remove the caliper, swing it around to the inside and remount.

I agree when I had a little incident with a tree which scratched my head light shroud and ripped off the reflector and the brake line guide I think had it been the new designthe brake line would have gotten ripped off also.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member

I wonder how many have actually had problems with the stock brake line setup? I switched to Bill Blue's SS lines, front and rear, but primarily for the better brake feel. It works too. There is a measure of peace of mind, knowing that I have eliminated the exposedsolid line, but I don't know of anyone who has nailed it yet. Surely someone has, though...
I routed my Bill Blue SS line outside of the fork, then simply used a nylon clamp to secure it to the fork protector. It fit like a glove...so did the rear. Bill even indexed the banjo fittings correctly, so there was no twist in the line once it was installed.

Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma

Old 01-08-2008, 01:25 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SherpaDude
I sold my '04 Super Sherpa (imported from Canada) about a month ago, and wonder how that bike compares to the KLX-series. Anybody out there ridden both? Thanks!
I've got a 2006 Sherpa and a 2006 KLX250S... What do you want to know about - power? handling? size / weight?

Off the showroom, it was pretty close in terms of power delivery. The Sherpa is not plugged up as bad as the KLX is.
(The stock Sherpa muffler had a much bigger exhaust hole).

I've opened my KLX up a lot (big bore etc) and now it kicks butt over the Sherpa. It's a bigger & heavier bike - more suspension travel.
I like riding both machines - the Sherpa is good fun because of it's smaller size (it's my wife's bike).
I'm just about to install a TM33 pumper carb on the Sherpa (and a TM36 on the KLX).

Old 01-09-2008, 02:29 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lcpl0331

i have a bill blue line and i think that it might be an inch or two too long as it rubs on the wheel to the point that i had to tape a different hose to it to stop the wheel from rubbing thru the plastic coating to the steel. i'll post a pic if anyone needs to see what i'm talking about
I would like to see a pic of where it seems to long. I am getting one from Bill Blue in a couple of weeks and maybe I should get the shorter length He offers? Could You take the slack up at the top?

Old 04-18-2008, 03:55 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

just imagine white/green where you see orange.
We always do man.[8D]