Oh yeah baby!!! got an '09................!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 10:56 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Oh yeah baby!!! got an '09................!!

Finger, bill blue and bake are running ss lines that have a normal hose routing out of the caliper and up the fork leg. Someone had also installed a ss line that was for a wr. that did the same thing. In sand I would not have a problem with the klx setup, but riding up north with lots of rocks all over the place I am always worried that one is going to come up and smash the hard line. While the brake line guard would help, the way it mounts seems like it there is a major pivot point on it that on a hard impact it will just bend and smash the line anyway. The new design doesn't look much better IMO. As Brian pointed out, one brush with a log or rock or a low side and that line is gone. I will be going the ss brake line for this summer for some piece of mind.
All the improvements for the 09 seem to be more geared for on-road use. I am starting to wonder if the 09 will be as offroad friendly as the 06-07 models.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:29 PM
1st Gear Member

2k, we've got a few rocks down here on the sandbar...... any pics of the brake line re-route I'd like to see it ...... never worried about it too much....but just the right hit could bust it.

I agree on the 09 design appearing to be more street friendly.......but then again my klx is not exactly sugar sand friendly compared tomy bud'sktm 250 xc-w 2-smoke......it coasts across the sand when ya let off the gas...... then gas it again and whooop, way fun...... I'm in Luv lol. btw ya can plate that ktm 2-smoke. I just wouldn't want to ride it on I-95 ...... but it would be fun once

Old 01-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Bill Blue needs a web site. Basically it looks like this, just imagine white/green where you see orange.

I've personally seen the lower KLX brake line damaged - happened to Mono on the KLX NE Ride at the Pine Barrens. I can't remember exactly how, though. But he was without a front brake for the second half of day 2 as a result, if I recall.

Edit: typo

Old 01-07-2008, 12:14 AM
1st Gear Member

How sweet would it be to have one of these plated.... I miss my two strokes. I know pre mix..[:'(], kick starting..[:'(]but the funfactor..........

Old 01-07-2008, 12:20 AM
IG

yeah good point Brian, flipping the new KLX caliper so the line winds through the inside fork legis a great idea. This would make it exactly like this KTM pictured and protect it even better than the old design with the SS line hanging like a Christmas tree ornament waiting to be smashed. I would've never thought about doing that. But of coures I'm not near as intelligent as you either.That will be one of the first things I do. A first "free" mod for the new bike.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:25 AM

I've got a 2009 on pre-order, and the dealer said it would probably be May before they arrive. I've read through many of the mods for the '06-07 series, and I hope most of them will apply to the '09.

I sold my '04 Super Sherpa (imported from Canada) about a month ago, and wonder how that bike compares to the KLX-series. Anybody out there ridden both? Thanks!

Jeff

Old 01-07-2008, 01:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Finger bill sells ss brake lines for the klx. I am not sure if he makes them or has them made. I think he sells them for $60-$65. https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_138936/tm.htm
There are a lot of pics of the bill blue brake line in this thread.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:31 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k1w=no$

Someone had also installed a ss line that was for a wr. that did the same thing.
It's me, It's me.

I did not read every post in this thread---fact is I can not read one more word that comes out of that a$$ clown's mouth & you all know of the corn eat'n bastard I mean. He has massaged every square inch of that freaking brochure with his tongue as he has done with the brochures of every other bike he stored in his garage under his name & everyone's a$$ who works at Big Gun. He has already stated the tires are an imporvement O-M-G. It is an 09 so every bit on it is better than every part made before 09. Not even the new WR can hold a candle to the 09, etc.etc. He is a tool, a poser, an idiot & I can take no more.

I'll be using the block from now on & if that does not work I am out of here. Please do not use quotes from him as they do not get blocked if you do.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:34 AM
1st Gear Member

N

Old 01-07-2008, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member

i have a bill blue line and i think that it might be an inch or two too long as it rubs on the wheel to the point that i had to tape a different hose to it to stop the wheel from rubbing thru the plastic coating to the steel. i'll post a pic if anyone needs to see what i'm talking about

Quick Reply: Oh yeah baby!!! got an '09................!!