Oh yeah baby!!! got an '09................!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 12:11 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Oh yeah baby!!! got an '09................!!

ORIGINAL: green242

ORIGINAL: IG

here's a shot from the brochure. it's a little grainy but it is a pic of a pic. I'll post a couple more shots from the brochure in a bit.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7856/994C705A86234A08BF642D2240318476.jpg[/IMG]
Oooohhh, that looks like something that will fit the 06 - 07 model just as nice!
I like that digital dash! I noticed the 06/07 used a cable drive off the front hub for the speedo and the '09 looks like it has a magnetic pickup on it's front hub (since it has an electronic speedo). You might be able to swap out the two speedo pickups, they look to be about the same size. I wonder if the hubs are the same? Otherwise you could swap out the font wheels, Kawasaki says they're both 250mm rotors so you could probably use the original calipers. Then you'd have the new instrument panel and those sweet new thicker spokes.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:08 AM
IG

LOL, sounds expensive to me. All of a sudden people are wanting all these new '09 parts. Why not just buy a new '09. I'd hate to have a cobbled together bike with parts from two different bikes. That's the reason I'm getting the new one, because it's new and improved and looks a lot better imo.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:51 PM
cls
1st Gear Member

I actually think the '09 will be a considerably better bike, also. All of the "minor" tweaks will make a notably better day-to-day ride, I think. I suspect it will be a similar parallel of the "new vs. old" KLR. I'm looking forward to giving one a test ride.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:06 PM
IG

well I don't know if I would put it to that much of an extreme, but it will be a better bike all around I think. Some on here just won't say it because they have spent considerable dollars modding their bike and don't want to upgrade because they'll essentially lose the money they've spent if they trade or sell. It's like saying the current Vette wasn't an improvement over the C5 or whatever the '97-'04 Vette was called. Both bikes will have their cons but the new one has small touches that make it a better functioning bike and easier to live with, more user friendly. The fit and finish looks to be significantly improved too. The ONLY advantage the older KLX has over the new one is a little more suspension travel- but I doubt this will hinder it's off-road abilities. I bottomed my '06 KLX out pretty easily up front even with it dialed in for a heavier rider.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:50 AM
cls
1st Gear Member

I didn't take it to an extreme. I said it would "...run a parallel to..." That means it will be similar to, not necessarily to the same degree. In any event, I agree. I think it will be a better bike. I'll also take a shorter, firmer, more controlled suspension over a softer, slightly longer travel suspension any day. OTOH, if I had an '06or '07 dressedout like I wanted it, I certainly wouldn't bereally hot for an '09. Probably...

Old 01-06-2008, 03:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Of course IG. The $$$$ I've spent on my bike.... It ain't worth squat to someone buying it.. A bike is worth more not touched thatn thousands of $$$$ spent on it. But if someone came and snatched my bike from my garage... You think I'd be getting another. KLX.... ummmmm, NO! It'd be a 450 or a 525 ktm EXC! ...
Probably with the same value in mods to the 09 model, the bike would look bitchen. I already like the headlight, and the blinkers. I'm not a fan of the new design look, like the new KLR look. I think those are butt ugly (no offence, only opinion).
But at the same time I do like the new design look. Rear fender is a .... Meh, but it looks like something could be done to it easily..
Front fender is a uggggg... Ugly! A new one would be on order.. But like I said, the blinkers are a definate +++ on the better looking side. That mod could be put on the backburner

Old 01-06-2008, 05:15 AM
IG

the people who like the new bike well enough will eventually buy one. the ones who don't won't; but will always admire it's functional improvements and upgrades and deep down will wish they had them. 'nuff said.

KLR vs '06-'07 KLX is an extreme difference- so essentially with your statement you made it an extreme comparison. if they were parallel, they'd be quite similar. they're not. same engine, that's about it.[&:]

Old 01-06-2008, 01:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Heres a question, upon reviewing Kawasaki website of the KLX. I noticed the tire tread is different on the KLX250s. Anybody know what tire they put on?

Old 01-06-2008, 04:16 PM
IG

like many things on the bike, they're obviously new and a mystery. they're more streetable looking at them, but still off-road worthy looking too. the old KLX oem tires were junk on and off-road. anything is an improvement over them.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:22 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG

the people who like the new bike well enough will eventually buy one. the ones who don't won't; but will always admire it's functional improvements and upgrades and deep down will wish they had them. 'nuff said.
IG, what are the functional improvements and upgrades that I admire and deep down wish I had? I'm having trouble coming up with any on my own, and I could use your help here. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Oh yeah baby!!! got an '09................!!