Oh man I hope someone steals it

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 11:30 PM
Default RE: Oh man I hope someone steals it

I felt the same way after purchasing the bike, at this point you have two choices, sell it for a loss or install the mods. I just finished and you can do it in an afternoon once you get all the parts. It can cost as little as $100 if you drill the stock muffler or $500 if you get the full exhaust. Based on the posts that I have seen the drilled muffler works pretty good and isn't as loud as the Muzzy or Big Gun.

It is a different bike once the mods are installed and it is pretty much useless without them.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:25 AM
1st Gear Member

The dealer where I bought mine was in Del. I live in MD and they had the MSRP listed at $5,195 and I told them well it states in the Kaw web site $4,699 I think and they had it marked down to $4,355 which is what I ended up paying + $60 fee for whatever.... You no the old trick mark it up and put it on sale.... They also said they only had 1 left but I bought mine and for the next week they kept putting more out on the floor my buddy bought one 2 weeks later and they still only had 1 left hehehe

Old 08-29-2006, 02:09 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ntloser

My dealer will not take it back. At one point before I took delivery of it, I thought I might have made a mistake and called the dealership and told them I changed my mind. They made it clear they were not going to let me out of the contract. That pissed me off to no end. When they dropped off the bike, I refused to sign for it and they left it. I was thinking about exploring return/ exchange options today but not sure the best way to go about it. Ultimately getting out of the contract would be great that way I could take time to test out different bikes and do it right. I just don't think that is going to happen without a lawyer.

Sounds to me like you actually have something. If you told them you didnt want it Before you ever even took possesion of it. I know the contracts were probably already sign so you might be screwed but on a Lawer will know for sure.

I live in florida too, I just cant picture a dealer, any dealer shoving a bike down my throat when Im standing there telling them I dont want it. papers or no papers. Who did you buy your bike from, I bought mine from Barneys in Tampa. Actually ordered it over the phone and picked it up the next day. My advice is put as few a miles on it as possible and see a lawer. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

LV

Old 08-29-2006, 11:56 PM

I bought it from Motorsports Of Delray in Delray Beach. I knew I should have just left it where they dropped it but I couldn't resist riding it.

Old 08-30-2006, 04:26 AM

Marty
Now, why didn't you march the bike right back to the dealer and complain about the setup. If it were my bike, if you paid for dealer setup, I would be on the phone talking to the manager of the dealership! He blew it, take advantage of his fault.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK Marty,,,, what the heck is Dealer Set Up? I'm getting close, and I could use a little education.

Dave

Old 08-30-2006, 04:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Dealer setup is where they do the final assembly and check on the bike including a short test ride. Most dealers charge a couple hundread for this but its really nothing. Not sure what Marty is talking about though. When I bought my bike I told the sales lady that I weigh 220 lbs and I wanted the suspension setup for that when they were building the bike. She looked at me like she didnt know what I was talking about. Bottom line is its just a BS fee to get more money out of you.

LV

Old 08-30-2006, 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: LordVngr

Dealer setup is where they do the final assembly and check on the bike including a short test ride. Most dealers charge a couple hundread for this but its really nothing. Not sure what Marty is talking about though. When I bought my bike I told the sales lady that I weigh 220 lbs and I wanted the suspension setup for that when they were building the bike. She looked at me like she didnt know what I was talking about. Bottom line is its just a BS fee to get more money out of you.

LV

I can see them not adjusting the suspension for you. Most places won't do that.

However, when a bike won't run, except with the choke on, that is not something I would accept!

If they charge you for Crating, Setup, Waxing or whatever, that is just "Added Dealer Profit Margin". Most reputable dealers will sell the bike to you without all of that tacked on.

If they do charge you, start the complaining to the OWNER about the fact the setup was NOT done properly and you should be offered a refund.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Just to clarify, dealer setup/prep is not completely without merit. I was so excited about getting my bike back in November after ordering it at least a month before the dealer even got the first one in, (of which I got the first one) that I showed up a couple of hours early, which was about 4 hours before I could actually take the bike home. Anyway the dealer actually let me go out to the warehouse to watch just what "dealer prep, or setup actually was. When they ship the KLX and I would assume some other bikes, they are dry of all fluids, the front tire, battery, chain, handlebars and who knows what else are not installed. Not only that, the dealer is responsible for delivering a bike to the customer in proper, safe working order. So I hung around the shop buying more items, which included the hydraulic bike stand, gloves, goggles, oil and filters, tools and tie downs for the bike, (matching Kawasaki green of course) Then I said "I'm getting a free helmet right? and they said yes, and probably made up the difference somewhere. Then I said how about a couple of hats, and I was on a roll, grabbed a couple of key chains. When I picked up the Yamaha XT225 2 months ago, I did the same thing, free helmet, a couple more hats, key chains, and even got the dealer to get rid of the dealer prep, since it was my 2nd bike in 6 months. While it sucks to have to pay for something we feel the dealer adds on to make money, I feel that what they do to the bike before you pick it up is worth the peace of mind.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:50 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

However, when a bike won't run, except with the choke on, that is not something I would accept!

Well I certainly would complain about that also but I dont remember Ntloser saying anything about that. From the experience he had with his dealer it sounds like they wont do anything at all for him. I'm Real suprized the guy had that much problem. A dealer Forcing him to take the bike after telling them he didnt want it. Signed Papers or no signed papers. I would have thought the dealer would have at least offered to trade him up to another bike more for someone his size. It's not like the guy rode the bike 100-250 miles And then tried to take it back. At least thats what where being told. I suspect there's more to this story. If nothing else I would file a formal complaint against the dealer thru the Better business bureau and Kawasaki and then bad mouth him on every corner of the internet. Just makes no sense to me a dealer would be like that.

LV

Old 08-30-2006, 08:57 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Just to clarify, dealer setup/prep is not completely without merit. While it sucks to have to pay for something we feel the dealer adds on to make money, I feel that what they do to the bike before you pick it up is worth the peace of mind.

I agree and nobody said that they Do Nothing for there setup fees' but it shouldnt cost a couple of hundread to do it. thats overkill. Also so much depends on the Mech working setting up your bike. You were there watching so I'm sure they were extra carefull. In my case when I picked the bike up I noticed a few small things not right or not hooked up right and had them fix it there on the spot. I was told the setup mech who did my bike was having a bad day the day before. I didnt say anything But I was like I dont give a rats ***, If its not right I wont take it. In fact I noticed a Small stain on the seat and made them document they would replace the seat Before I took the bike. they did too. Dealers are like any otjher business, you pays your money and take your chances. I was happy with my experience thru Barneys and would buy from them again no problem.

LV

Quick Reply: Oh man I hope someone steals it