Oh man I hope someone steals it

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Default Oh man I hope someone steals it

I put 5 more miles on it coming back from work. UGH I hope someone steals it or I can get out of the contract. I do not like this bike at all.

Old 08-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Oh man I hope someone steals it

why dont you like it? did you test drive it before you bought it?

Old 08-26-2006, 03:09 PM

Hi,

Not trying to troll or rain on the parade. I am extremely overtired and perhaps shouldn't be in the forum or riding the bike at this time. Anyway, with that said.. to answer you questions;
No I didn't test drive it. Sometimes I make crazy impulse buys. This was one of them. I didn't realize how bad all these mods are needed. I figured I could at least have some fun on it but not having the front tire come up when I blip the throttle is ... wierd. There also seems to be wraping noises when shifting at the low RPMs. Maybe thats how it is. My biggest let down is the bike is grossly under powered. When i was 16 or so I had an RM 80 that was always on the verge of being out of control.. in a good way. Even at 180 on that thing, Icouldn't keep the front down and was able to get crazy air. I thought for sure this bike would do that. but I am finding I am not into the 4 stroke power delivery. I am going to need a kx250 motor in this thing to make it work.

I should have a much better outlook after some sleep. Since I am not able to return the bike, I am going to have to start on the free mods ASAP.

Thanks again

Old 08-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Ok first of all I too had an RM 80 when I was 16 and I weighed 160 lbs, and yes it was always almost out of control,....but that was a two stroker. You can't compare 2 and 4 strokes. In fact on the racing circuit the 4 stroke 450's are going up against the 250 2 strokes. As for the bike, are you coming from a previous bike as a comparison? I weigh 230 and when I got the bike I was totally happy with it, but started the mods so I would have low end power at 0-10 mph. The first thing I did was to drop the front gear to a 13 and then the Muzzy was soon to follow. Are you a big guy? Keep in mind that this thing will build power around the 600 mile mark, and also ignore the 4,000 rpm warning, the best power this bike has to offer is somewhere in the 6,000 to 8,000 rpm range. Don't give up just yet, unleash the power that was meant to be.

Old 08-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ntloser
UGH I hope someone steals it ...
Hmmm ... sounds great. Where do you live? Just look the other way for a few moments and I'm sure we can work something out ...

Old 08-26-2006, 06:03 PM

I'll give you $2000 for it. That's a steal.

Where are you located? If you want to sell it I'll make a reasonable offer, like $2100 or something.

Old 08-26-2006, 07:42 PM

One of you guys said to ignore the 4000-5000 rpm for break-in. Will this not effect the overall life engine? I weigh 240 so I am a big guy but have done all of the mods and absolutely love the bike but want to get on it more but am worried I my trash the engine. Is this not the case.

Old 08-26-2006, 09:24 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: krntl13

One of you guys said to ignore the 4000-5000 rpm for break-in. Will this not effect the overall life engine? I weigh 240 so I am a big guy but have done all of the mods and absolutely love the bike but want to get on it more but am worried I my trash the engine. Is this not the case.
Not the case at all... Your engine was mostly broken in within the first hour or so of riding...
Ride er however you like - it ain't gonna hurt nuttin.

I recommend frequent oil changes in the first 1500 miles or so.
At least 5 oil changes in that time, more if you ride really hard and in dirty conditions.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:07 PM

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the replies. Getting some sleep helped a lot as well as the idle adjustment, (it was a pain to keep restarting it). I rode the bike to work today ignoring the 4000 rpm range. Much better up at 6 k.

After the mods, are you guys able to break loose on dirt roads while winding through the gears?
I am going to try to find some off-road places and see what happens in a more dirty environment.

Just 15 more hours then an overnight shift and I will 4 days off to test more and try some free mods.

After looking at the insurance, even if it was stolen I would lose out big time. I am gonna try to stick with it and just keep making changes until it is how I like it.

Nobrakes did you dyno yours yet? Do any of you guys know how much HP the KX250 .. or heck even the KDX 200s have?

Old 08-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Nope, I haven't dyno'd mine yet. I found a place that will do it for $35 but I think I'll wait until I get my new carb.

Quick Reply: Oh man I hope someone steals it