Off Road Wheels for KLX250SF?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 01:59 AM

I'm in Tallahassee, FL

Old 07-19-2010, 06:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Send me your number and how much you want for the setup.
Erik

Old 07-28-2010, 10:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I put dirt tires on my girlfriend's motard wheels and I am today taking them off and putting the motard tires back on the motard wheels and buying a complete dirt setup. For anyone looking for performance I do not recommend running a 17 inch front wheel and trying to put a dirt tire on it. The tire is so fat it just pushes and the bike around. So I would recommend buying at least a new front wheel setup.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by teenycar
I put dirt tires on my girlfriend's motard wheels and I am today taking them off and putting the motard tires back on the motard wheels and buying a complete dirt setup. For anyone looking for performance I do not recommend running a 17 inch front wheel and trying to put a dirt tire on it. The tire is so fat it just pushes and the bike around. So I would recommend buying at least a new front wheel setup.
I have a brand new set of Yoko 7 rims on OEM hubs with OEM rotors I am considering selling. Add a sprocket, tires and tubes and you're set.

They've never been used and have only been test fitted to my SF although I have mounted tires on them. I think I've decided to go in a different direction and keep my SF model road only.

Let me know if anyone is interested. I paid $1K for them, I'd take $850 plus shipping without tires/tubes. $925 + shipping with the tires and tubes - front is a brand new Michelin, rear is a used Pirelli trials tire.

Thanks,
Michael

Old 08-06-2010, 07:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Looking for a set to buy if anyones selling!!

Old 08-07-2010, 05:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by antmo920
Looking for a set to buy if anyones selling!!

PM sent.. See my post just above yours.

Michael

Old 10-13-2010, 01:41 PM

Hi, I just joined this forum.
I have a 2009 KLX250 SF that I ride mostly on trails and I find the SF suspension to be a little too stiff. I want to convert to S by changing the front forks and rear shock. There is little difference between the two models but "viva la difference". The dealer cannot get any information about the rear shock differences, other than the color of the spring, but the front forks have several major differences ($$$) according to the online parts catalogs. I would like to try a parts swap with someone (similar mileage please). My SF forks/shock have under 400 miles (currently on the bike) and the original SF hub/wheel/tire assemblies (hanging in the garage) have under 200 miles on them. The SF wheels have never been on this bike since I bought it, so they've never been off road.

I'm located somewhere near Seattle Washington and I would like to meet the other owner and bike for a fork/shock swap. Also, I think the front brake hose and a few other small parts may need to go with the deal but I'm not sure. I want to review all the details before doing it. Just thinking... --> front rotor, front caliper mounting plate, rear SF sprocket, SF front fender (black), etc...

Is anyone interested or have any pro's/con's about this idea?

Old 10-13-2010, 09:30 PM

There's a lot of interest here for me to sell my set of SF wheels, but I would like to try to swap the wheels and forks as a complete make-over first. If that doesn't happen, then I'll most likely sell the wheels. I'll keep you posted here if things change.

See my first post (above) for the details of the swap.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:15 PM
1st Gear Member

have you thought about going with aftermarket suspension and forks?
Originally Posted by Pat250
There's a lot of interest here for me to sell my set of SF wheels, but I would like to try to swap the wheels and forks as a complete make-over first. If that doesn't happen, then I'll most likely sell the wheels. I'll keep you posted here if things change.

See my first post (above) for the details of the swap.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:59 PM

Mariner,
Yes, I've thought about aftermarket parts, but I wanted to try the lower cost route first, and maybe someone else might want to convert their S to an SF. I'm more seriously looking at KLX300 suspension parts on ebay. It's not that I'm being cheap, I just don't want end up spending the same on this as I would have if I'd just bought a KTM or Husky.

It's good to investigate all the options.

Quick Reply: Off Road Wheels for KLX250SF?