And Now We Wait! :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 11:10 PM
Default And Now We Wait! :)

Well, I am now in the boat that many of you were in during the Spring. I just placed my orders for all of the mod stuff. I think I got everything I need for all of the cheap/free mods plus the Muzzy system w/ quiet insert and spart arrestor. I think my wife is at the lawyer's office filing divorce papers as we speak. Not quite that bad, but she doesn't seem to understand that REALLY NEED this stuff for my new bike to work the way it is supposed to. Keep in mind that I played the whole "dual-sport as commuter bike - save money on gas" angle. So far all she is seeing is spending crazy amounts of cash on everything from a helmet to saddle bags to a Pelican case to a Muzzy exhaust to a Frogg Toggs rain suit to National Cycle windscreen to a handful of odds and ends of who knows what else.

Anyway, I am sure that she will cool off over the weekend. At least until Mr. Brown Truck starts showing up with packages from the 4 corners of the earth. I so desparately wanted to find everything at one online store - not so much to save money on shipping, but to avoid the number of different deliveries that my wife has to see coming in. It would be much easier to take for her if it was just one big box. Oh well, I guess I am going to have to be extra nice to her for a while.

Anyway, here is the shopping list that I just filled:

Ron Ayers
Needle Jet,N1TC
Needle Collar (required for N1TC needle)
Clamp, Needle Jet (Clip, required for N1TC needle)
#125 Main Jet
#128 Main Jet
Duct, Inlet (KDX200 Snorkel)

MAW Online
13 Tooth CS - Sunstar

Pipe City
Muzzy Full Exhaust
Muzzy Quiet Insert/ USFS Spark Arrestor

I can't say thank you enough to all of those that blazed the trail to find parts that fit, part numbers, online vendors, installation instructions, etc. You guys are a real credit to the community.

Now don't desert me! I am going to need some hand-holding to get all of this stuff installed in a week or so.

Best regards,
Chris

Old 08-26-2006, 01:25 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: And Now We Wait! :)

do you have a link to where you got the carb stuff? and also part numbers for all that stuff

Old 08-26-2006, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member

cwgoff, I have my carb parts on order too. Same parts that you have coming. I plan on drilling the stock pipe for now until I have some more fun funds.

That looks like a really good price at pipecity.com for the Muzzy. Did you order the KLX300R pipe?

I'm glad my wife doesn't know your wife. We'd both be dead by now! This is suppose to be my gas saver, ride to work bike too. I figured I'd go ahead and get all I need while the 'gettings good' as we say in Texas.

Willum
TC

Old 08-26-2006, 03:44 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: espacef1fan

do you have a link to where you got the carb stuff? and also part numbers for all that stuff
I got my carb parts from bikebandit.com. Just type the parts numbers in from this thread. Use their 'parts wizard' link off the home page and just paste in the Kawasaki numbers for the carb parts.

Willum
TC

Old 08-26-2006, 05:09 AM

Espace1fan,

There is a sticky at the top of this forum with all of the part numbers that you need. Here is a link if I can get it to work.

Common parts thread

There are several places that folks frequent to get these parts. Thunder already suggested one, bikebandit.com. I got my carb stuff at ronayers.com. I found their prices to be a little better than bikebandit.com. Interestingly enough, I checked the prices at bikebandit.com for all of the carb parts. I also checked with my local Kawa dealer. The prices were exactly the same for every part - to the penny - on every part. I guess they use the same parts network or something.

Anyway, in addition to ronayers and bikebandit, I found the 13T sprocket for a good price (17.95) at mawonline.com. There are several part numbers for sprockets that work. I went for the Sunstar that is discussed several places in this forum.

As for the muzzy, the best prices that I found were at pipecity.com and starcycle.com. Both were offering it for right at $398 - $399 shipped with the quiet insert and spark arrestor. I decided to go with pipecity.com because there have been some serious mixed reviews on this forum about the customer service from starcycle.com. Some folks have had zero issues, but some have been extremely displeased with their service and honesty. Starcycle.com told me yesterday that they would beat anybody's deal out there. I toyed with the idea of trying to get them to throw in free overnight shipping or something to beat out pipecity.com. In the end, though, I decided that I would rather avoid the possibility of a bad customer service experience. I place a lot of value in word-of-mouth from previous customers.

Anyway, the waiting is going to be brutal, but from what everyone says, it should be worth it.

Thunder, I am right there with you on the "get it while the gettin's good" department.

Good luck to all. Have a good weekend.

Chris

Old 08-26-2006, 07:02 AM
1st Gear Member

I bought mine from PipeCity also. Their service was great. They drop shipped from Muzzy to save time also.

Old 08-26-2006, 03:11 PM

They are drop shipping mine straight from Muzzy as well. Since I had heard so many reports of sites taking orders for Muzzy's only to notify the buyer later that it was on backorder, I called Pipe City directly to have them check stock before placing the order. They called Muzzy directly and confirmed that they had 12 ready to go. They said it should ship from Muzzy on Monday.

Glad to hear that you had good service from PC. I didn't know if they were good, but I knew that Starcycle was questionable. The PC rep that I talked to sounded very knowledgable.

Chris