not such a good weekend

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 04:25 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: not such a good weekend

ORIGINAL: HawaiiRider

Just had an apifany (sp?). I tow my jet ski on a trailer behind my truck and my truck insurance covers the trailer and the ski while they're in transit. I know this is the case in Hawaii, I would imagine it's the same nation wide. I guess they might not cover it because it come out of the trailer, but I thought I'd share that thought!! Worth a try with all that damage.
It's epiphany and you probably need to check with your agent, as I don't think you understand the difference with liability, collision, and comprehensive insurance. Your liability insurance will cover damages to others when towing but not to your own vehicles. Collision and comprehensive only cover the insured vehicle and do not cover what you tow.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:33 PM

That might be true, I just remember something about the ski being covered by the truck under tow. I actually have the Ski insurred seperately with it's own policy too but there was something about the truck's policy over riding part of it. Like you say, might just be the liability part. It also makes since that since it has wheels it might not be covered anyway (seeing as ski's don't).

Old 10-11-2007, 08:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey red I've got the Cyclops headlight waiting to be picked up, and if it works we can work something out for my stock headlight and stuff. Wont be for a couple weeks though I'm sure.

Let me know.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your bike. I had a similar experience in July. I ended up buying a BikePro wheelchock. It locks the front wheel in place and you ratchet the tire down rather than compressing the forks. Works great and I can drive down the road looking ahead rather than my rear view mirror.

Hope you get back on the road soon.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-11-2007, 09:19 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

Hey red I've got the Cyclops headlight waiting to be picked up, and if it works we can work something out for my stock headlight and stuff. Wont be for a couple weeks though I'm sure.

Let me know.
Hi Derek i appreciate the offer, but i ordered a klx 450 light,its great all the help I've received from you guy's
it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Cant wait to see your bike with the new headlight though.
and yes i will be making a chock right away

Old 10-12-2007, 01:03 AM
1st Gear Member

That really stinks!

I know it's barn door and horse gone and all but that's why I use one of those wrap around cinch straps on the back tire to keep the back from bouncing up off the trailer.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:16 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redbrd

Hi Derek i appreciate the offer, but i ordered a klx 450 light,its great all the help I've received from you guy's
it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Cant wait to see your bike with the new headlight though.
and yes i will be making a chock right away
I know I'm excited too, it's either going to look completely retarded, or not half bad. Probably an acquired taste for sure. If nothing else it should be mucho lighter, and possibly put me in the ride of the month votings

Old 10-12-2007, 03:40 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bmwhd

That really stinks!

I know it's barn door and horse gone and all but that's why I use one of those wrap around cinch straps on the back tire to keep the back from bouncing up off the trailer.
yup, ignore the ninja vid, but you will notice 1 strapthru the rear wheel and the front is in a chock. Makes a nice transport

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...t=Movie102.flv