not such a good weekend

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: not such a good weekend

sounds good man.... post some pics when u get it all together.... bet it will look killer.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:11 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Wow at those prices, I'd go trail tech too.......no baja light?
Ive seen them on TV , they put out a lot of light ,but some of them look like they should be on the front of a steam engine...lol

Old 10-11-2007, 01:06 AM
1st Gear Member

I bet if you held your hand in front of one you could see through it! With that in mind I don't think any of the Baja lights are street legal, though I've been wrong before.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:56 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redbrd
Ive seen them on TV , they put out a lot of light ,but some of them look like they should be on the front of a steam engine...lol
roflmao....thats true, they're ugly.....it's just that they wouldbe so good for the riding I do at night in thepalmetto dunes. One of these days I'm going to breakdown and get one.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:23 AM
1st Gear Member

could even possibly land small aircraft if pointed the right way or steer a ship away from land haha

Old 10-11-2007, 06:12 AM

Just had an apifany (sp?). I tow my jet ski on a trailer behind my truck and my truck insurance covers the trailer and the ski while they're in transit. I know this is the case in Hawaii, I would imagine it's the same nation wide. I guess they might not cover it because it come out of the trailer, but I thought I'd share that thought!! Worth a try with all that damage.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:37 AM
1st Gear Member

need this type with the loop that goes round the bars? maybe?

Old 10-11-2007, 02:31 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hawarden

Just had an apifany (sp?). I tow my jet ski on a trailer behind my truck and my truck insurance covers the trailer and the ski while they're in transit. I know this is the case in Hawaii, I would imagine it's the same nation wide. I guess they might not cover it because it come out of the trailer, but I thought I'd share that thought!! Worth a try with all that damage.
My bike was insured up until midnight the day before it came off, just my luck.but my deductible is almost as much as the damage.
And i am getting all new strap's

Old 10-11-2007, 03:59 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MaverickAus

need this type with the loop that goes round the bars? maybe?
I'm obviously not sure as to how the strap came off, but my guess is that when the trailer hit a bump the suspension compressed and alowed the strap to come off. So the clips that are on the above strap could possibly keep that from happening.
With the front fork block in place, the chances of it happening are reduced too.
Either way it sure ruins your day. Hope you get everything back together soon.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Typically if the cargo has its own wheels the automotive insurance won't cover the damaged item, even if it was an uninsurable vehicle like a lawn tractor. A member on ADVrider when through this when a tree fell on and crushed both his truck and brand new Husky 610 (think it was the 610). The 610 wasn't insured because it was brand new and he didn't have his MC license yet. The resort's insurance didn't cover it due to it being "an act of God", and his auto wouldn't cover it because it was considered another motor vehicle.

Quick Reply: not such a good weekend