not such a good weekend

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Default RE: not such a good weekend

redbrd, if you can wait it out maybe you should look into the "new" KLX250s headlight, looks pretty cool.

At looking at this post again my stomach still hurts. Maybe I ate at the Carl's JR. Stellar did?!

Old 10-09-2007, 01:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Man that's almost sad to look at, but I'm really glad to hear it didn't involve injuries orf loss of life on anyones part.

Look at the bright side...as long as your frame is still ok, this is a golden opportunity to get allof the lastest mods and maybe even be a pioneer with something, as you did with the Pro Circuit pipe. Can't wait to see whatyou replace the instrumentsand headlight with.

The Zeta hand gaurds with the built-inflasher are looking pretty darnsweet right now too

Old 10-09-2007, 01:51 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redbrd
Now i have to think about the headlight.....
I know what I would get if/when I break my headlight. An 8" Race Light from Baja

Or maybe the Fuego 4" Duals.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:34 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38

Man that's almost sad to look at, but I'm really glad to hear it didn't involve injuries of loss of life on anyone's part.

Look at the bright side...as long as your frame is still ok, this is a golden opportunity to get allof the latest mods and maybe even be a pioneer with something, as you did with the Pro Circuit pipe. Can't wait to see whatyou replace the instrumentsand headlight with.

The Zeta handguards with the built-inflasher are looking pretty darnsweet right now too
I have never heard of Zeta ,so i looked them up and your right those flasher's look very nice,
I'm going to price all the stock part's today i will let you know what the damage is,
but i don't think any stock part's are going back on.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pie4foou

dont worrie at least you wernt riding it like i was this morning.... I flipped my bike in 3rd around 40mph and watched it slide into on comming traffic. lucky for me oncomming stopped and asked if i was alright with out PLOWING over my bike. but buck for buck, i think your hurting more then me... good luck with that
dude how did you flip your bike on the road going 40? [&:]

Old 10-09-2007, 02:42 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm glad you asked first

Old 10-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

whoa my bad. thats the first ive heard of the ratchets slipping[>:]. sorry to hear it man.
ORIGINAL: redbrd

ORIGINAL: houndog

damm that sucks. what kind of tie downs are you using?? the ratchet kind never slip.
I had ratchet tie downs ,that's what pissed me off, i don't know what i could have done to prevented this,
except stayed at home.
Iteven bent my rear fender and riped the tool bag.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:52 AM
1st Gear Member

As mentioned before, parts can repainted and fixed. Body's don't fix so easily.

When some dumba$$ ploughs into my car or a friends, the first thing I always ask is if anyone is hurt. The first ever new car I bought was a Nissan Pickup. I had owned it about 3 weeks when an hourly late to punch in was doing 35MPH over the posted limit on a rain slick road. The road went under an overpass that merged in front of me. That idiot locked his brakes up and tried to put me in low Earth orbit.

Funny thing was, after I recovered and looked at my pickup. New paint peeled right away from the body parts so it didn't look damaged until you saw it from a different angle and saw the crumpled metal and detached paint hanging down where the metal used to be.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Well i went and priced some stock part's, just for fun,
Headlight cover $120
Speedo............$188
Tach.................$226
Lower casing....$89
gage top cover..$98
Grand total.....$721+ Tax

Trail Tech Vapor......$115
Dash with lights........$40
Aluminum protector $50

KLX.450 headlight assembly $270
you do the math,
I also talked to a shop that may have a lens for my turn signal from a old warrantied one.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow at those prices, I'd go trail tech too.......no baja light?

Quick Reply: not such a good weekend