not such a good weekend

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: not such a good weekend

Boy that sure did a number on your instruments. Those things aren't cheap either. And the headlight shroud is something like $70 I think.

A TrailTech Vapor is a whole lot cheaper than replacing the stock instruments. You might want to check into one instead of going back to stock.

http://trailtech.net/vapor.html

Sorry to see that happen - my condolances. But when you started off with not a great weekend, the first thing that jumped into my mind was that someone got hurt. Glad it was just plastic and metal - that stuff can be replaced.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:32 AM
1st Gear Member

that really sucks sorry about the bad luck [&:]

Old 10-09-2007, 01:35 AM
1st Gear Member

+1 on noboby getting hurt.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:12 AM
1st Gear Member

That sucks. Were you using a chock?

Old 10-09-2007, 02:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Jsac and I had that happen to us on the way to the NJ ride in the middle of downtown Philly. One of my specialty bike ratchet straps worked loose and the tag end went under the trailer wheel and it layed his bike completely over. I had one of those Kendon bike trailers with the wheel chock and I think thats the only thing that kept it on the trailer. The suspension compressed and as soon as the trailer rolled over the strap his bike flipped back up. Sorry to see the carnage, but why would you leave the key in the bike while trailering? I've forgotten it before but never left it intentionally.

I'd agree with Brian, go with the basic Trailtech or the Vapor........or I know a few members here have switched, anyone have a stock gauge cluster they could part with?

Unfortunately I haven't changed any of that gear out or I'd offer up what I could, let us know how it goes.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:34 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Oh man, sorry Dean, I can't imagine what I would do if that happened to me, please let us know if there are any stock parts that some of us are not using anymore that might help in the repairs. Again I am really sorry to see something like that.[&:]

Old 10-09-2007, 03:34 AM
1st Gear Member

dont worrie at least you wernt riding it like i was this morning.... I flipped my bike in 3rd around 40mph and watched it slide into on comming traffic. lucky for me oncomming stopped and asked if i was alright with out PLOWING over my bike. but buck for buck, i think your hurting more then me... good luck with that

Old 10-09-2007, 03:40 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

What? Another fallen bike? That sucks. My odds are slimming[&:]

Old 10-09-2007, 04:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the kind word's thay really do help, but like you said it's only plastic and we can rebuild her, only better.
when you read pie4oou's post it puts thing's in prospective,
glad you could walkaway from that one .
After thing's had calmed down i started to think how to improve the setup,
i was going to ask you guy's about the Vapor,but been the mindreader you are you beat me to it,
thanks for the link it's exactly what i needed.( why would anyone leave this site ).
Now i have to think about the headlight, i wonder how much a KLX 450 is? i know it's not DOT approved but it looks cool.
anyway thanks again.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:10 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

wow, the pics of the damage are disheartening. Sounds like you are doing better than me if that happened.

Quick Reply: not such a good weekend