Not a Moab trip.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member

I fully agree with you on the KLX as the perfect balance. If I could get it to lose 20 more pounds it would be THE ideal bike for the purposes you stated.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:23 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
Great trip , Great report, Great pictures!! Some day when my lotto ticket matches all the ping pong *****, I'm loading up a bunch of you KF guys and heading out that way to ride some of this awesome terrain with TNC as our guide. Thad yer a lucky dog
Dan, I keep telling you...this is not an expensive trip. Primitive camping, cook your own food, and keep a stocked ice chest, portapotty, and solar shower on hand...easy living. Gas is the biggest cost, but you're usually riding the bike and not driving your 4-wheeled vehicle. C'mon, you know you're ready.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:44 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Looks like a great time!

Old 05-19-2012, 03:21 AM
1st Gear Member

I look forward to exploring Northern Utah, since I'm moving there in a few weeks. Since I don't have a trailer or a truck, I usually just ride relatively close by to where I live. KLR650 for longer days or days with pavement, KLX331S for closer, and more technical stuff. Maybe I'll meet you somewhere in Utah one of these days. I'll definitely not be on a KTM!

Old 05-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Geoff Harrington
Weolcome to the forums?

Old 05-19-2012, 03:28 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Hmmmm....deej, I finally clicked on that vid clip to see what's going there...and...I'm not sure what's going on there...LOL!

......at least as it applies to a KLX forum or a southern Utah trip.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:38 PM
1st Gear Member

I will be following along when TNC does Utah in 2013 and plan to meet up with him again. Hope to meet some others of you then, too.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Hmmmm....deej, I finally clicked on that vid clip to see what's going there...and...I'm not sure what's going on there...LOL!

......at least as it applies to a KLX forum or a southern Utah trip.
It's all good. Just weird for a first post. And I thought I was the king of thread jacking. Lol

Old 05-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

shoot, I gotta couple of ninjas that would also like that trip. lol

A great report TNC, and thanks for the pics

Old 05-19-2012, 04:01 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
I will be following along when TNC does Utah in 2013 and plan to meet up with him again. Hope to meet some others of you then, too.
Blah!...you'll just have another snowmobile or ATV acccident right before the trip.

Seriously though, we should get a KLX group to meet up out there. I know most all the nooks and crannies of southern Utah as well as the logistics for camping, fuel, and resupply while staying out there. It would be great fun to meet many of the folks on this forum and do some riding. Another great thing about Utah is the multitude of variety in riding...hardcore to mild...so everyone can get something without having to kill themselves. Anyone interested for next year at the end of April into the first two weeks of May? Trust me...that time frame usually offers the best weather window. Earlier and it can be too cold, and later it can be too hot.

Edit: Hey, there's also the annual RMAR ride in Colorado at the first of August, and it's going to be in Silverton, CO this year. I usually always go to Silverton for a few days in August to ride, so I will probably make this RMAR event. I know a good many of these folks, and they are some good people. This would also be a fun trip and ride.

Last edited by TNC; 05-19-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Not a Moab trip.