northeast ride II??

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 05:48 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: northeast ride II??

I do know alot of people that ride the lost trails place...they say it kicks ***.....lot's of pocono stuff there too...they also have camping available too.
If we get borad there is alot of crap to do in the area too ...the area has alot of offroad stuff and dirt roads to hit.
it's funny you mentioned them as i literally got into a pissing match with the owner when they intially denied dirtbikes....I told him i was going to tell everyone and their brother not to go there as they originally only supported the atv crown...then low and behold a week later a revised set of rules were released allowing the DS bike crown and offroad bikes.A few of my riding partners (atv) worked with the fellow on opening the trail system.I still havn't gone there yet as i hate to pay to ride but they say it is very well worth it.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:36 PM
1st Gear Member

I have never been there either, and I really don't like to pay to ride but the group rate takes it down to like $30 which isn't so bad. I was thinking if we hit it on saturday and all stayed around there saturday night. We could then maybe relocate to the trails you are talking about Truckman on Sunday for a ride.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:51 PM
1st Gear Member

how many quads do you think go there on a typical saturday? how many miles do you think we would be doing in there? at 1200 hundred acres it seems fairly small. also they're website states that all the trails are "one way". does that mean that you can't turn around a do a paticularly nice section more than once without going around the entire loop to get back there? are there jumps and whoop sections there? i like this whole idea about the park one day and trails the next day but there aredetails that need to be addressed. cost, lodging and food. to get the size group we'd like to get everyone has to have as much info as possible to decideif it's worth the travel.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:25 PM
1st Gear Member

My other vacation plans fell through...lets get something figured out here guys.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I'd love to do the Pine Barrens again. I've got a lot on my plate this spring, though, so I doubt I can get away for another trip before June'ish. I doubt you guys want to wait that long, so maybe we can do the Pine Barrens in the summer/mid-summer or even early fall or something. I liked that campground we stayed at. It's not something I can do very often, though, since it's over 8 hours for me to get there. Personally, I'd rather avoid holiday weekends due to traffic.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:09 PM
1st Gear Member

I hear ya Brian, was 10 hrs for me but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Aside from the scary porta-john that campground was pretty good.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

that was time well spent on the way there... same with the 16 hours to FL for the ride last year. ive got alot going on too so its lookin slim now...

Old 01-19-2008, 10:05 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

I'd love to do the Pine Barrens again. I've got a lot on my plate this spring, though, so I doubt I can get away for another trip before June'ish. I doubt you guys want to wait that long, so maybe we can do the Pine Barrens in the summer/mid-summer or even early fall or something. I liked that campground we stayed at. It's not something I can do very often, though, since it's over 8 hours for me to get there. Personally, I'd rather avoid holiday weekends due to traffic.

Brian, I would be able to do an early fall ride in the pine barrons if you want to come up. I am sure I could round up some other riders as well.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey guys, is Ohio out of the question? There are plenty of trails, and noise shouldn't be an issue. We could ride the Wayne National Forest www.fs.fed.us/r9/wayne/ almost 130 miles of two-way trails, you can ride day or night after April 1st (could be the 15th, can't recall) only downside is it's $12 a day or three for $24, but camping is free at the trailheads. Or I have a route sheet for a 200 mile adventure ride we could do for free ($10 if you want your own route sheet), called the "Nutcracker 200" it was featured in the AMA magazine this issue, check it out!

Old 01-20-2008, 03:13 AM
1st Gear Member

i'll do both if we can get something going here.

Quick Reply: northeast ride II??