northeast ride II??

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: northeast ride II??

no pa doesnt require anything to ride off road.... quads need to have a plate....

Old 01-12-2008, 02:29 PM
1st Gear Member

30 miles each day?? what'll that take about 3 hours? i thinkwe're looking for something a bit longer than that.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:24 PM
1st Gear Member

I keep clicking these 'northeast ride' posts, only to find out they're talking about PA or NJ. That's not the northeast to me!Heck, the Pine Barrens are practically Mid-Atlantic. Where are all the Vermont/Maine/New Hampshire guys??!

We have a great group of folks here in Vermont working to secure land-use rights for dual sport riders. Check it out if you are in the area...

http://cccofvt.com/

Old 01-12-2008, 09:39 PM
1st Gear Member

mass is tough so's rhode island and new hampshire. i hear that vermont is tougher. so the question is.............. where can we go and meet up to ride anywhere from 80 to 100 miles
in new england?

Old 01-12-2008, 10:39 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lcpl0331
mass is tough so's rhode island and new hampshire. i hear that vermont is tougher. so the question is.............. where can we go and meet up to ride anywhere from 80 to 100 miles?
Well you yankees could always come down to the "Scrub" aka Ocala National Forest

Hop on the Amtrack Auto Train for $353/roundtripincluding your bike, the train drops ya off at the southern edge of the forest. Get on the train at 4 in the afternoon arrive at the scrub at 9am food included.

The Ocala National Forest is a playground for naturalists, campers, fishermen, hikers and off-road enthusiasts. Covering 383,000 square acres or 607 square miles, it contains a 100 miles of horse trails, 67 miles of scenic hiking trails and dozens of crystal clear spring-fed lakes and ponds.

Sections of the Ocala National Forest are open to off-road vehicles. This is one of the best motorcycle / ATV areas in the state. There are hundreds of miles of trails within the designated areas. The U.S. Forestry Service - a segment of the U.S. Department of Agriculture - controls activities within the forest. Unlicensed Vehicles are not permitted on improved roads and a spark arrestor is required.

Some areas are off-limits in order to protect endangered species. Information on which areas are off-limits can be obtained from forest rangers, who will gladly give you a map showing these areas.

One of the most popular family visitation sites in the Forest is Juniper Springs National Park. Juniper Springs is the site of an old mill where you can swim in a natural spring. The seven-mile canoe run from Juniper Springs is one of the best canoeing opportunities in central Florida. The canopied creek winds through dense, primeval forests that seem untouched by man — on weekdays, anyway. Come early in the morning and you’ll paddle through dappled light that filters through the trees down into crystalline water.

The forest is dotted with crystal clear spring-fed lakes, most of which offer fishing in these pristine waters. Picnic areas are numerous and the many forest trails are a nature lovers delight.

JUST SAYIN

If you guys make up your mind on a place within 100 or so miles of Lorton, VA....I'll take the train up with my bike.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:57 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vtgreen

I keep clicking these 'northeast ride' posts, only to find out they're talking about PA or NJ. That's not the northeast to me!Heck, the Pine Barrens are practically Mid-Atlantic. Where are all the Vermont/Maine/New Hampshire guys??!

We have a great group of folks here in Vermont working to secure land-use rights for dual sport riders. Check it out if you are in the area...

http://cccofvt.com/

I hear what your saying. Sounds like this "northeast ride" ideais headin more west or south...

Old 01-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Well you yankees could always come down to the "Scrub" aka Ocala National Forest

Hop on the Amtrack Auto Train for $353/roundtrip including your bike, the train drops ya off at the southern edge of the forest. Get on the train at 4 in the afternoon arrive at the scrub at 9am food included.
Hey I didn't think about Amtrak, that's a great idea.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:12 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes
Hey I didn't think about Amtrak, that's a great idea.
Well, what ya waitin for (get out of the cold lol)....pick a weekend, I'll ride any Sat & Sun with ya, no notice required. Just leave your jackets an such at home, an bring your summer gear and be ready for midday approaching 80 F.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:07 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: QuiteThumper

ORIGINAL: pie4foou

sounds like a fun ride... commin from CT isnt too far, the only thing is i dont have a trailer. Anyone tried thoes "hitch" hauler things... its just like a track that sits on the hitch mount. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dirt-...spagenameZWDVW

I have been using the MotoTote,M3 model, made by D&D designsfor my former DRZ400S and now for my present KLX250s. Been very happy with it for thpast 3 years... No wobble.. but a lot more than $100!

You can see it using this link: http://www.mototote.com/

(I use it with my Ford E150 Van.)

I am happy with the hitch carrier I am using.

I would like to make the ride too if the dates work out for me...

Old 01-13-2008, 05:27 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lcpl0331
mass is tough so's rhode island and new hampshire. i hear that vermont is tougher. so the question is.............. where can we go and meet up to ride anywhere from 80 to 100 miles in new england?
You're right, Vermont is brutal on off-road motorcycling. What's ironic is that once winter hits, you can ride a snowmobile pretty much anywhere in the state! The snowmobilers have a great organization that works well with the landowners (VAST). That's what CCC of VT is trying to create. I did a 100+ mile ride with them this summer and it was awesome.

Quick Reply: northeast ride II??