northeast ride II??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 10:51 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: northeast ride II??

+1 Brian. Just reserve a spot, and none is the wiser. If my yard was bigger you could all campout there.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:51 AM
1st Gear Member

looks like truckman called and spoke to Margie after i did. when i spoke to her she was very accomodating and said that it would not be a problem but she would have to speak to her son about it first. i guess she spoke to her son. crap!!! i was afraid something like that would happen.i did bring up the volume issue just so that shewouldunderstand what she was getting into. the last thing we need is toall get down there only to be kicked out due to excessive noise.she also told me that they do not allow riding anywhere on the campground property. she never did explain how we were supposed to get off the property to go riding. i guess she would expect us to push our bikes out to the road.

let me throw this out there............ are there any little hotels/motels/cabin types places that we could lookfor? anything along those linesmight work. if anyone knows or hears of anything please post it.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:59 AM
1st Gear Member

truckman what about hickory run state park??? is that close enough to where your thinking of riding?

Old 01-09-2008, 02:01 AM
1st Gear Member

how about nescopeck state park??

Old 01-09-2008, 02:02 AM
1st Gear Member

and tuscarora state park?

Old 01-09-2008, 10:03 AM
1st Gear Member

guys let me make some phone calls as i know someone who's family owns about 4500 acreas of land in Nesquehoning (near Jim Thorpe and he is always down with camp and ride things.....We may have about 20 atver's with too though...which is no biggy....
Are we planning a May date???? that would prolly be best.Normally we camp down near the coal plant but for the #'s we have we will have to go up the hill which would be fine.

Yes she had talked to her son...I don't see what the big deal is as i've camped there at sandy valley many times and guys are always revving harleys and about a dozen people have buggies that they drive out to go run the coal hills nearby....We are riding street legal bikes too....let me check around some more though.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:22 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm in if this gets off the ground- I'm from Forked River, NJ always looking for new place to ride.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:37 PM
1st Gear Member

It will get off the ground, it's just a matter of when and where.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:26 PM
1st Gear Member

sounds like a fun ride... commin from CT isnt too far, the only thing is i dont have a trailer. Anyone tried thoes "hitch" hauler things... its just like a track that sits on the hitch mount. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dirt-...spagenameZWDVW

Old 01-09-2008, 11:56 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pie4foou

sounds like a fun ride... commin from CT isnt too far, the only thing is i dont have a trailer. Anyone tried thoes "hitch" hauler things... its just like a track that sits on the hitch mount. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dirt-...spagenameZWDVW

I am happy with the hitch carrier I am using.

I would like to make the ride too if the dates work out for me...

Quick Reply: northeast ride II??