northeast ride II??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: northeast ride II??

Well that campground is like an hour closer to me..... im a "maybe" as of now, we will so how everything pans out.... already got some other stuff planned....

Im probably going to the adv rider meet in WV For all NE guys its do able.... linky-
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299616

here is one of the my local forums... its the advrider meet thread
http://www.steelcityriders.com/forum...=3616&st=0

the guys i ride with are going to it... last year there was like 35 people.... my buddy rode is drz from ohio to down in wv.... crazy.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:19 AM
1st Gear Member

The campground Truckman picked is only 5.5-6 hrs away from me....going to be a tough call on this one. Definitely bookmarking this thread.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:15 PM
1st Gear Member

definitly interested , when ??

Old 01-08-2008, 05:38 PM
1st Gear Member

friday may 16 thur sunday may 18. or how about friday may23 thru sunday may 25? i'm just suggesting these dates. if anyone has a different suggestion please post it.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Happy New Year to all my Forum friends.

My son, Pete, Collie and myself are in!

Old 01-08-2008, 07:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Guys...I just called the campground and they said no friggin way.....[:'(]...she said if it was 5 or 6 of us no big deal but i told her it could be about 25 people and she said they could not accomodate that many people with bikes like that due to the volume levels as were mentioned above by someone else.Even tho i tried to get it thru her head that we are all on street legal machines and we will be riding out on the street.This I know is from previous problems caused by atv'ers riding out the back of their property onto coal company land.......ok i tried.....any other ideas??? I guess the PB is the other option as i don't know any other places to stuff that many of us to camp at one shot in that area.[&:]

Old 01-08-2008, 07:43 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Truckman

Guys...I just called the campground and they said no friggin way.....[:'(]...she said if it was 5 or 6 of us no big deal but i told her it could be about 25 people and she said they could not accomodate that many people with bikes like that due to the volume levels as were mentioned above by someone else.Even tho i tried to get it thru her head that we are all on street legal machines and we will be riding out on the street.This I know is from previous problems caused by atv'ers riding out the back of their property onto coal company land.......ok i tried.....any other ideas??? I guess the PB is the other option as i don't know any other places to stuff that many of us to camp at one shot in that area.[&:]
is their any state park campgrounds nearby?
thats our best bet as they cant say no to us.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525
Im probably going to the adv rider meet in WV For all NE guys its do able.... linky-
That one looks good and would be a whole lot closer for me driving up from NC, but I've got plans that weekend. I will be in Vegas, baby! At the Supercross final round ... birthday present from my wife. Did I mention we are staying at Hooters?

Old 01-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525
That one looks good and would be a whole lot closer for me driving up from NC, but I've got plans that weekend. I will be in Vegas, baby! At the Supercross final round ... birthday present from my wife. Did I mention we are staying at Hooters?
I feel i stay at hooters everynight....

yea thats a big thing, to hold a bike "rally" at one particular campground, bass river in NJ was cool, and it seemed that everyone didnt mind us there, the kids waved and stuff,, it was like a parade everytime we were coming or going... was cool. I dont know of any thing, maybe allegheny nation forest? but thats closer to lake erie....

Old 01-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I think the key might be for everyone to just reserve their site and don't try to get permission first. So what if a group of people on bikes happen to all stay at the same time? But if you say there's a group of bikers staying, that makes campground owners nervous and I think they conjour up images of hells angels ransacking the place. We are a lot less intimidating in person.

Except for those Irish guys, they get pretty rowdy, but man can they cook!

Quick Reply: northeast ride II??