northeast ride II??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 11:03 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: northeast ride II??

ok other than those 2 dates, only thing other than weekdays is June 14th. other than that we'd be lookin at july for me.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Guys, Jeff, Pete, Collie & myself are heading to route 6 in PA on Saturday morning.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:57 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Divodave

Guys, Jeff, Pete, Collie & myself are heading to route 6 in PA on Saturday morning.
working

Old 04-29-2008, 11:31 PM
1st Gear Member

can we just pick like 4 dates, do a pole and decided when were going. obviously we cant all make it on one day but lets try and set something up so we can at least plan for it.... someone, please pick 4 dates and just go with it. i really dont care much, i'll just take off whatever day i need and work on the weekend, i do realize most of you dont have that luxury so i'm leaving the date picking to all of you. but i sure would love to go for a big outing with all the little green monsters sometime soon

Old 05-01-2008, 02:26 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Divodave

Howdy JSAC, long time buddy!

May 24th is no good see link below, neither is June 7th (F1 in Montreal)

http://www.durtydabbers.com/Dual_Spo...yer%202008.pdf
Thinking of doing this, open to all!

Everyone keep in touch!
Collie, Pete, Daniel, Myself & possibly Craig are doing this ride.

Have a look at this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLtt0Cx6oWg

Afraid of the water? *****!

Old 05-01-2008, 02:32 AM
1st Gear Member

no way in hell!!! lol
i run an open air box lid.. id be fux0red. but.. if i had to, id be lookin at goin on the other side of that stack of rocks insted of the upstream side of it like every1 else. [8D]

Old 05-01-2008, 04:55 PM
1st Gear Member

i'll be there. thinking of going down on friday to get all settled in. let me know what your plans are.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:26 AM
1st Gear Member

just a bump and an update. myself and the irish did the durty dabbers DS ride this past weekend. sorry no pic's. forgot my camera at Pete's house and those guys aren't much for stopping to take pic's.

it was a great ride both days(maybe not saturday so much as Dave's F'nZumo go us lost). sunday was some of the best trails i've done this year. watch the river crossing video. it was unreal. we looked like a herd of wilder beast waiting to cross. collie an i got split from the rest for a good 5 hrs. there were 450 bikes so i'm sure we weren't the only group of guys to get split up. Daniel (Daves son) got a rear flat at one point and had to do the river with it flat since the only tube they had was a 21 and it wouldn't inflate. they got an 18 from a guy on the other side of the river. Collie went down HARD!!! hard enough to snap the screw that goes into the handle bar for the bark buster in half. He didn't fare much better. he smashed up his ribs pretty good. the thumb didn't look good and his reconstructed shoulder gave him issues the rest of the day. we had about 50 milesleft and the F'er wouldn't stop whining about it the rest of the day. he toughed it out though.

if any of you is interested we're talking about doing the Hancock dualsport ride in late august. it's a garranteed good time.it would be great if a few more of us would use that for another KLX ride.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Got an email from Jimmi,

Yo dude....its Jimmi
lets do this northeast thing again what do you say?
I got my KX250 street legal and moved to NJ... I live 2 miles down the road from where we camped that weekend. email me and tell me what you think

Ill direct him to this post.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:46 PM

Hey guys,
So, Dirt Bike Television is done and I moved to NJ right down the road from the campsite we stayed at last time. I think it's time to put this ride together again. I had a great time last time and now that I don't have to concentrate on making a TV show and being all politically correct about where and how we ride... we can go on a good one. There is lots of secret single track and some "top secret" pits with jumps and everything. I have a great tour planned, it's about 150 miles to be covered over a long 3 day weekend.
I also have a few ideas on how to put it together and I need some feedback from you. we can do it like last time where everyone pays their own way, gets their own campsites and food and what not, or I can organise things from my end and have an all expenses paid fee per head, covering campsite, food, firewood, maybe fuel, and whatever else. If we combine everything into a package that I can take to local businesses and campsites, I may be able to get a better overall price. Also depending on how we want to camp, tents are much cheaper sites than lean-to's and can more easily accomodate a group of our size.
I must, however, appologize, the KLX I rode last year did not belong to me and I no longer have access to it. So all I have is a race ready two stroke KX that I converted to a street legal bike. I'm hoping all my KLX buddies will not turn their backs on me. In light of this I would like to open the ride to ANY dual sport bike. Lets get a lot of guys involved. If we do reach the numbers we did last year, I will need some help in corraling the group. If anyone is interested in helping guide I would be very grateful. I need someone who knows the Pine Barrens decently well and the hazzards it holds, and someone skilled in sand riding. I do not nessicarily need the fastest guy but a consistent guy. I can't have my guides getting hurt. Perhaps DirtSurfer or DivoDave if you guys would like to come, you seemed to know your way around pretty well.
Alright guys, that's it for now, so let me know what you guys think. Just in case I can't get into the forum you can also email me and I'll get it quicker.
Hope to see you guys soon!
Jimmi

Quick Reply: northeast ride II??