northeast ride II??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:54 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: northeast ride II??

It was windy as h3ll here yesterday, Sunday. On my way to the trails I thought I was going to get blown over. It was worse at stop lights sitting still. It must have been gusting to 50 MPH. Saw a few trees and limbs down in the road. It was down right scary in a few places. On the way back home at one place the wind picked up a rock or stick or something and nailed me right in neck. It felt like I'd just been shot. Other than the wind, it was a beautiful day, reached 60 degrees and sunny. Quite a bit colder today, though. High of 48. You guys must be getting that wind up there now.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Clean the carb if you want Craig but I'd just open the drain screw and let it drain. That's all I did last spring and it had sat since December. I did put STABIL in the tank though. Haven't had that issue this year as I've been out at least twice a month since snow fell.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:56 AM
1st Gear Member

so whats the deal? is this the NE ride or out west ride? any decisions... someone should make a poll. list the few key aspects of each spot including camping fees or riding fees along with a mapquestable location and then were all set. its just a vote after that... sounds like this pine barrons place was pretty rad i'd personally be down for that, or whatever really....

Old 02-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lcpl0331

we're getting hit tommorrow into wednesday[:@][:@]. not as much as you though.

i just put on the fmf Q4 slip-on on the other day. tried to start 'er but it was too cold and that gas has been in there since november. that gas must be useless by now. i think i'll have to take the carb out and clean it out. i don't do theshut it off, run it dry, blah blah blah BS.which is good cause now i have something to do since all my other bikes are good for the winter.
didnt you have the full muzzy? whats up?

Old 02-12-2008, 12:46 PM

Is this ride location decided yet? The Pine barrens is a huge area from what I see on the web site, if you were to go there where in relation to all of us meeting is Wharton State forest. I did a map quest for that and found out it is a little under 300 miles from me, depending on the dates I would do a road trip there to ride . All those green machines riding would be quite a awesome site not to mention people would think they are being invaded What a commercial for Kawi it would make?

Old 02-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Name:  modified1.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  162.1 KB

Old 02-12-2008, 05:32 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

ORIGINAL: lcpl0331

we're getting hit tommorrow into wednesday[:@][:@]. not as much as you though.

i just put on the fmf Q4 slip-on on the other day. tried to start 'er but it was too cold and that gas has been in there since november. that gas must be useless by now. i think i'll have to take the carb out and clean it out. i don't do theshut it off, run it dry, blah blah blah BS.which is good cause now i have something to do since all my other bikes are good for the winter.
didnt you have the full muzzy? whats up?
i did but sold it tomax.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:42 PM
1st Gear Member

[sm=thanx.gif] sounds good, i think it needs to be repacked though... kinda smells like its burning something a little bit.
i'll order a kit for it next week my $$$ flow is at an all time low right now no worries, i'll be ready for this trip as soon as we find out where its going to be

I went to my metal shop and ordered some material to make a bike hauler. going to try and put two bikes on one hauler... hey is it ok if my dad comes on this trip? hes riding an XT225 (not in the cool club, j/k hehe)

and whats the adress closest to pine barrons? lookin to see how far it is... Thanks

Old 02-12-2008, 07:29 PM

Eric great picture!

Old 02-12-2008, 11:50 PM
1st Gear Member

maxx do a search for bass river state park(on the forum). that's where we stayed last year. it took me 5 hours to get down there. it shouldn't take you more than 4. unless the GW is packed.

Quick Reply: northeast ride II??