northeast ride II??

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 11:13 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: northeast ride II??

If you ride there, I may be in.. Is there any pavement areas, I usually go for the dual sport type rides. Iam about 2 hours from the tower city area.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:32 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Truckman

ORIGINAL: rkutzner

Hey Truckman, I'm from below Gettysburg and ride the Tower City / Rausch area sometimes. How far is the original place you mentioned from there ? I and a DS friend would like to find some areas up there to ride that don't cost so dang much. You game to ride with us, we'd provide the grilled meats........

Rich (rkutzner of the '125 or 128 main' thread !)
There is plenty to ride just north of TC and Rausch creek.I took one of the other guys up there a few weeks back and we had a blast despite it only being like 20 degrees out for the hi temp.well be going back up for sure sometime soon.You could easily ride over 100 miles in a day and not hit the same trails....It's just hard to camp anywhere in the area.

Iwould love to meet up with you sometime....but not til the weather gets a hair warmer! Before Paragon closed, we used to wheel up there (I built a nasty Jeep) and stay at cheap hotels off the Hazelton exit or the exit below. I'm just as happy with a cheap hotel as with a campground....I camp with my kids ina camper nowand used to 'camp' every week as a grunt in the Marines.....back in the mid 80s !

If we don't do a group get together up that way email me at rkutzner@carr.org or give me your email address and we'll hook up come spring.....and provide the grilled meats, as promised !

Old 01-23-2008, 02:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey rkutzner, I sent you a pm about riding in the coal region. Jeremy

Old 01-23-2008, 09:50 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmar

If you ride there, I may be in.. Is there any pavement areas, I usually go for the dual sport type rides. Iam about 2 hours from the tower city area.
Yeah Jeremy went with me last time and i took him on some of the rougher trails that i thought would be pretty easy but i never ran the bike on them...LOL...that trail made me buy some new bars.....yeah there is plenty of true adv DS stuff we could do and i'd really like to do more in that area because alot of the roads are really bad *** to run....There are a few haul roads i really want to check out that i never could do on the atv and there is a buttload of backroads that lead off to neat areas that i want to hit....I'm going to also wait till it get's a bit warmer out as well.....It's a great area to ride...The Reading Anthracite land use permits went on sale this past monday.....I know cool change got one but i've been riding there with some locals for about 6 years now and i'm gonna fly without one this year...no money for 1 but ...I can guide you guys wherever you want to go...

Old 01-23-2008, 10:10 PM
1st Gear Member

hey i cant believe i almost didnt get this topic in my e-mail. I ready to ride again, my buddy a few houses down was to go on the next ride event. He just bought an 08 Honda 650L. Be great to get up and ride with everyone from last year and the new comers. Anyone here from pat or jimmi?

Old 01-24-2008, 12:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I say we acutally make up some shirts this time.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:55 AM
1st Gear Member

hey nate eric said that Pat went down to florida and took both of the klx's so jimmi doesn't have a ride unless he takes his kx250.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:04 AM
1st Gear Member

I still got the honda xr 250 and the klx 250 haha. I might as well be the offical bike renter of kf.com. I must of missed that story, are they still doing dirt bike tele? Jimmi knows the barrens like the back of his hands, it would be great to him to find a way out as well.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:16 AM
1st Gear Member

divodave knows it too. i think the other dave hasit all mappd out on his gps. if we end up down there sometime this year we won't have a problem getting around.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:52 PM
1st Gear Member

We're ready to ride as soon as the weather breaks. Got your PM, Jeremy, great info on that RAC land. I'll have to see the area and how far it is before just getting one, but I'm excited to check out the new area. Will contact you guys soon !

Quick Reply: northeast ride II??